Mavericks Users?

• Anyone using the TI2 in OSX 10.9 with LPX ?

Mac Pro 12 x 3.33GHZ, 64GB Mem, GTX 980ti 6GB RAM, Antelope Orion 32HD, Euphonix MC Control 2 and MC Mix, Virus TI2 (full keyboard), Yamaha RS-7000 AEIB2, Spectralis 2, Roland MC-505, Korg MicroKorg, OSX 10.12.5, Logic Pro X 10.4.2, ProTools 2018.1

MacBook Pro Dual 3.06 17", 4GB Mem, 9600M GT 512MB RAM

• Can we broaden this slightly... is anyone using a TI with Mavericks - OS X 10.9 in anyway yet?

I think specifically... do the following still work?
    a) USB Midi
    b) Virus as a sound card
    c) Virus Control.

I think (c) would need to be answered with relation to which DAW it was tested with

mclaulau, as you saying (b) does not work? or with virus control - if so which DAW?

• Hi there,

VC and USB/Midi works fine with Logic 10.0.3.!

Unfortunately it doesn't works as a sound card yet! ti is visible in the system prefs but can't be applied as the main system out/or input. :(

• Hi all, just to be 100% clear before i go and stuff up my working environment, if i don't use the Virus as a sound card, can i still channel audio straight into my DAW, logic 9 and X specifically.

Thanks to anyone who knows!!!

PS, i don't mean to be all negative but haven't you had the developer preview for months now, shouldn't this issue have been known before yesterday. I can imagine people would have upgraded before this warning came through. I got the warning this morning, by then my living room and laptop were already updated for 18hours, I'm very glad i did not update my main machine yet. I know its up to us to check compatibility but most places have that info up to see on their sites before hand.

• i will not go into specifics but there was not really a chance to inform you much before. among other reasons, we are (technically) not allowed to talk about a future MacOS. we are bound to non disclosure agreements as well. on top, the Virus TI driver is a licensed third party product. we only can use what we get.
    in any case i'm glad that it wasn't to late in your case. you should wait updating your music computer.
    best, marc

• My CPU hits the roof when i launch the AU plugin and have just a loud distored sound coming out. Tried on LPX LP9 and Ableton Live, same resault. Checking the system activity in OSX it overloads the kernel_task. Last night i got an kernel panic so gonna put a side my virus so it wont ruin my computer.

I need to brute force quit LPX and then brute force shutdown on my iMac.

I have contacted Access support and i hope to see a solution soon.

P.S. Dont want to sound negative here but i cant get my head around that Access hasnt warned us about this before the release. I know i should have checked before i upgraded but since i havnt heard anything from Access (until the day after i upgraded) i was naive enought to think there wasnt any issues. And Mavericks has been on beta for some time now and one would think that a company like Access would be one step ahead. I read somewhere also that the software is developed by a third party? If so it doesnt really matters since its Access that sells and distribute the product, so trying to put the main responsibility on to someone else is just unprofessional. Try to take the critique and make something of it instead. Ive seen that when users critique Access their representatives seem to take it the wrong way here on the board and always try to defend Access like they never do anything wrong instead of trying to put some effort in helping out. So i guess my above text will probably be taken the wrong way but i needed to be said.

• P.S. Dont want to sound negative here but i cant get my head around that Access hasnt warned us about this before the release. I know i should have checked before i upgraded but since i havnt heard anything from Access (until the day after i upgraded) i was naive enought to think there wasnt any issues. And Mavericks has been on beta for some time now and one would think that a company like Access would be one step ahead. I read somewhere also that the software is developed by a third party? If so it doesnt really matters since its Access that sells and distribute the product, so trying to put the main responsibility on to someone else is just unprofessional. Try to take the critique and make something of it instead. Ive seen that when users critique Access their representatives seem to take it the wrong way here on the board and always try to defend Access like they never do anything wrong instead of trying to put some effort in helping out. So i guess my above text will probably be taken the wrong way but i needed to be said.

please check my last post in this thread. and also let some of my personal opinions:

i think you are right, we could have handled that in a better way. and we will sure learn from it but a good solution is not that easy to find because: we are bound to what we sign and that determines when and what we can communicate.

also, i would never update on the first day for various reasons. one in particular when it comes to the combo in between OSX and Logic X - you cannot use your 32bit plug-ins anymore. so, before i update my music machine, i will have to sieve through my songs in progress and make sure that i replace all 32 bit plug-ins with a suitable 64 bit alternative (if available). for some oldies that's not so trivial.

as for kernel panics and such, it is unlikely that our driver causes those, because it does not load. without being load, it cannot crash. but send us a log file and we will have a look at it.

last but not least about the loud distorted sound and the AU not working. i got it right in front of me and it works fine here. CPU load looks also fine.

marc

ps. ableton users should take a look at this page: https://www.ableton.com/en/articles/mavericks-compatibility/

• Thanks for you reply Marc and after your answer i feel even more worried that something i have got some strange issue that no one else has and that my Virus now is broken for some uknown reason.. I have been running Virus in LPX ever since it came out with no problem at all. I will try to run the virus the "old school" way tonight and see if the sound still remains and if possible.

First time i loaded my ongoing project in LPX i got a strange KEXT error that i havnt seen before. I the trired to load a new project in LPX with one instance of just the access virus and this is when i discovered the kernel_task issue. Since the Virus would not stop "screaming" i tried to unassign the AU from the channel but it caused LPX to freeze and i needed to brute force quite LPX and the kernel_task hit the roof. I have tested other projects without the Virus and all work as normal. I have unistalled all unsupported plugins when i made the switch to LPX so everything points to the virus since the system and everything runs smooth otherwise.

I have already got my TI exchange one time and i really hope that nothing bad has happened to it. ;(

• thanks and good luck
    marc

Hi Marc.

I just tested running the old fashion way without the plugin and no troubles and no weird sound so it must be the AU plugin that is going nuts, at least for me! Now I'm running the virus in LPX with external MIDI and analog I/O and no issues at all so at least i can continue my work but a little more effort :D And I'm glad my Virus isn't broken!!! ^^

• Well i can't use mine at all. Makes just loads of horrible noises. ;(

Same issue here, + I got a Kernel warning when I turned my Virus on.
    When I opened Logic X and assigned a strip to the Virus plug in I got this distorted continous noise.

I thought the problem was only by using the virus as audio not as a plug-in too...

• Same issue here, + I got a Kernel warning when I turned my Virus on.
    When I opened Logic X and assigned a strip to the Virus plug in I got this distorted continous noise.

I thought the problem was only by using the virus as audio not as a plug-in too...

"Yaay" im not alone :D was beginning to think i did something wrong but there is something that happens once you fire up that virus with the USB and feel very scary. I have uninstalled everything that has to do with the virus on my Mac not and fortunately i can use it with good old fashion analog midi and audio but not as smooth as using the AU :wacko:

I had already done one re-install since some doesn't seem to have the issue but it didn't help. However i found a .kext in system extensions that didn't get removed upon uninstall and i think this .kext contained som sort of drivers for the virus. As i wrote before i initially got an .kext error message when i fired up a project with the virus in.

So im gonna try to do one last install to see if it helps, otherwise ill give up.

When i fire up the Virus with USB i get a couple of hundreds of lines in systemmonitor with this line " before m_pUSBDevice->DeviceRequest 0xc1-81-0000-0022 "

• Mind you I'm using the latest stable version 5.0.3, not the public beta later one.

On upgrading to Mavericks it's working flawlessly, and even better than ever before: i.e. up until Mavericks, whenever I plug in a USB device into the computer while the Virus is connected, it "knocks out" the Virus. I'd have to to turn it off and back on again to get it back. Now that doesn't happen.

I never use it as a sound card though.

Just letting you know not everyone is having a problem! I don't think I'm ever upgrading from 5.0.3, it's the most stable OS version I've ever had.