Virus Snow AU plugin wont start up

• Hello there!

I have Virus Snow here and it has always worked fine. Few days ago I started having real problems with it. I'm using Logic 9.0.2 on OS X 10.5. The plugin won't open. If I disconnect the USB, it understands that it's not there, but when the unit is connected the plugin window opens showing "starting up" but it won't start up at all! Seems like it crashes every time. If usually those blinking virtual lights fill up 360 degree circle, then when it crashes here, it goes only half of it - 180 degrees.
    I have tried all kind of resets etc. It won't work. The only thing which works is when I have tried to reinstall the OS for Virus. Then it will work but only once or until I restart my computer.
    It still works as a sound card but I don't use it for that purpose.

Any advice?

?(

My setup here is:
    MacMini Core2Duo, 4GB, 10.5
    All USB and FW ports are in use.

• Problem solved as I said before, but the problem still exists.

The problem exists only if I have my TC Powercore turned on. So to avoid the problem I must start my DAW when Virus is turned on, my audio interface is turned on and Powercore (Firewire) is turned off. And when it all starts up, I can also turn on my Powercore.

I just thought it would be worth to mention in case someone else have such a problem

:huh:

• If I disconnect the USB, it understands that it's not there, but when the unit is connected the plugin window opens showing "starting up" but it won't start up at all! Seems like it crashes every time. If usually those blinking virtual lights fill up 360 degree circle, then when it crashes here, it goes only half of it - 180 degrees.

that's a known problem and will be fixed in the next release. as a workaround, don't put the virus to sleep unless you boot your mac afterwards.

best, marc