Virus TI - SysEx

• Hi,
    Im trying to put together a standalone MAX patch that could control my Virus TI using SysEx.

Ive got the basics to to work, but Im struggling a bit with the SysEx values...
    Ive read on previous threads that the sysex messages are compatible with those published in the Virus C appendix, (which im using as a basis), but this is clearly not correct in many cases.

e.g. changing parts in VirC App A , is Page C 123 (C123), but in reality it is Page C 29 (C29)

now for some of these i can laboriously record the sysex messages and update.

but others are just wrong...

e.g. to switch between modes VirC App says C122
    but if I record the sysex messages, for a switch to single mode i get : f0 0 20 33 1 10 73 40 10 1 f7 .... this would be page D, as page C is 72 !!! ;) - and it doesn't appear to work if i send it to the TI.
    worst for a switch to multi or seq mode i get: f0 f7 i.e an empty sysex message

this causes a problem, since obviously, I cannot record these messages to play them back

so....

Access,
    a) do you have an up to date Sysex spec for the Virus TI, especially for TI OS 5.0.3? ( I thought the midi manufactures association meant you were required to?)
    b) Is the mode switch - what is the correct Page C parameter value? and will the above be fixed as a bug fix?
    c) I read in another thread, that the patch format is more complex/not compatible with the Virus C, do you have this documented?

If you have any more detailed documentation on the Virus TI data formats and SysEx I would be very interested in these - If necessary I can sign an NDA.

Thanks for your help
    Mark

• a) do you have an up to date Sysex spec for the Virus TI, especially for TI OS 5.0.3? ( I thought the midi manufactures association meant you were required to?)
    b) Is the mode switch - what is the correct Page C parameter value? and will the above be fixed as a bug fix?
    c) I read in another thread, that the patch format is more complex/not compatible with the Virus C, do you have this documented?

there are things you can change from outside and other which you cannot. everything beyond the patch itself, we have no documentation for to hand out - sorry. the virus ti patch format is based on the one of the virus a/b/c but the patches are bigger. certain things have changed in order to accommodate new features but the majority of parameters have the same position and value range.
    i've attached some info for you. it will not help you switching modes and alike but at least finding positions of parameters.
    best, marc

• Thanks, the document is much appreciated...
    Can I confirm this is the patch dump layout, as it would appear there is some descrepancy with performance layouts...
    in particular, as I said in my post C29 selects parts in multi and seq mode, but in the attached document C29 is documented as "Oscillator 1 Model"

thanks
    Mark