Serious Sync Problems with virus Ti

• hi guys,

we are having pretty big problems with our virus Ti. we have just updated to the new 3.1 OS and we are getting sync errors all the time. the timing is completely out and basically we cant even use it!
    we have a soundblaster Xfi soundcard, not sure if this could be something to do with it?
    we have had a browse through the forums but cant seem find any solutions.
    thanks in advance for any help!!

• Contact tech support via your VC. There's a '?' symbol. Click and hold. You'll see the option to email them.

I'm having the same problem with sync and timing and spewing notes. I agree, the unit is almost unusable thus far. Let's hope there is a solution.

• first thing you have to know...virus ti supports max up to 1024 sample buffer size and even with that you still can get various sync error messages, best is to set ~256 or 512 sample buffer size to get good performance/cpu ratio.

• we are having pretty big problems with our virus Ti. we have just updated to the new 3.1 OS and we are getting sync errors all the time. the timing is completely out and basically we cant even use it!
    we have a soundblaster Xfi soundcard, not sure if this could be something to do with it?

the sync errors mean that a USB package wasn't delivered in time. usually happens when using a dodgy USB connection - many had good results buying a dedicated USB card or making sure that other devices which demand bandwidth (such as USB drives etc.) are not on the same root hub. support can help you troubleshooting your system.

best, marc

• no i can't. but i have an 8 core and here and i don't get sync warnings - so there is hope :) - you need to sort this problem with support, don't get me wrong, it's not that i don't want to help but i don't work in support and they got much more experience in breaking down those problems then i have.

by the way, if you get the sync warning when browsing through patches while the song is playing back a dense arrangement - that's a known issues which will not result in an actual sync problem. it'll be fixed nevertheless.

marc

• Hi!
    I've spent a lot of time to make Ti playing in sync with Logic. The long discussion with tech support didn't help but I found out the only way to work with Ti in Logic. It plays in sync if the Ti's track is selected. It doesn't matter which driver I use: Ensemble or Ti's driver and which output: USB or 1-2 etc.. Firstly, click on midi track dedicated to your TI. Then click on button play/ That's it!
    :P

• hi guys,

we are having pretty big problems with our virus Ti. we have just updated to the new 3.1 OS and we are getting sync errors all the time. the timing is completely out and basically we cant even use it!

change the buffer size to 256 samples or 128. in the Virus plugin change the USB outputs TO OUT 1 L R . iN THE vIRUS PLUGIN try to press LIVE button . In many situations the LIVE button is very important :thumbup: