Write/Copy Protection for Patch Library

• I have written a few patch libraries of my own and id like to make them public. I would like to know if there is any write or copy protect mechanism in place for patch libraries before i put them out there.
    Would appreciate any help from the virus community.

:) :) :)

• I actually thought you'd be asking for a feature to prevent accidentally overwriting patch files, not drm type functionality, but anyway...
    To the best of my knowledge, the patch files are just midi files, which I've never heard of having copy protection, so I'd say you're out of luck there... I could be mistaken on both accounts, however.

• I have written a few patch libraries of my own and id like to make them public. I would like to know if there is any write or copy protect mechanism in place for patch libraries before i put them out there.
    Would appreciate any help from the virus community.
    :) :) :)

hi,
    on a software level, there is not. there was an author which encoded a serial number in to empty bytes of a patch in the past but that one backfired when we did use those locations to store parameters later. so i can only advise against it. at the same time you can always encode an archive and see what serial numbers are being used. what kind of sounds are you planning to publish?
    best, marc