Preset Browser - 2014 a must !!!

• Hello everyone I was just wondering how come no one mentioned about the preset browser in Virus TI Software ? It is very difficult to navigate at the moment. I am sure VIrus team can make it lot more organized . For example Native instruments browser set up is fantastic . You simply can chose type of instrument , attributes and type of sound sort of categorization which is lot easire to navigate that the current in Virus TI. It will give the software a great boost and more user friendly any chance to get this update in 2014 ????? I would event pay for such an update because I love my virus TI .

thanks

• I think the main issue here, is that the categories on presets are rather arbitrary
    ( many inaccurate) - and they are difficult to change since they are stored with the preset in ROM!
    - so to update you have to copy to ram, then burn them back

Access, perhaps you could store the categories in RAM
    - as a separate user 'index'.
    Even if this was just favorites 1/2/3 this would help a lot.

• Agreed !!!! Please redo the whole preset menus .
    And add " init " ( when right clicking on a track in the GUI of virus and have an simple but very powerful option "init ?" Click and your track is ready !!!
    But the library needs a make over ASAP .( white background, bigger and clearer font for the presets and better categorized just like native instruments )

• Hello everyone I was just wondering how come no one mentioned about the preset browser in Virus TI Software ? It is very difficult to navigate at the moment. I am sure VIrus team can make it lot more organized . For example Native instruments browser set up is fantastic . You simply can chose type of instrument , attributes and type of sound sort of categorization which is lot easire to navigate that the current in Virus TI. It will give the software a great boost and more user friendly any chance to get this update in 2014 ????? I would event pay for such an update because I love my virus TI . thanks

I came here to say just that.

The TI has this marvelous backwards compatibility down to the Virus A almost 20 years ago !

But as a consequence, I now have over 200 soundsets in my Patches directory and it's really, really hard to browse through them.
    One single "Category" dimension is just too little, to the point of becoming useless : for example, my "ARP" category has 17 pages (!!)

In this situation I will usually find the right sound by chance, after I get bored going through dozens of pages, and it's frustrating to know that I might have had the perfect patch in my collection but didn't have a chance to narrow the search down by music genre, aggressiveness, etc to find a great fit. (DSP usage would be cool to have too )

In 2015, other software (I'm thinking of Native) is handling that much better.
    I understand that for backwards compatibility reasons and because banks currently need to be saved as MIDI files, there is only so much metadata one can add and we will probably never have something as great in VC as the Native stuff, or arbitrary tags etc. (well actually, I wouldn't mind if VC moved to a more feature-rich file format to enable this, as long as you could export/import to MIDI ! I personally don't even care if the hardware browser only retains "Category" as long as something better is available in VC)

I think at least something should be done to the UI to better handle 100s of soundsets better. Productivity is a big deal and it's a strong point of soft synths, VC shouldn't fall behind :)