Virus Patches "corrupt"

• Hello Guys,

lately i have a problem with my virus Ti Snow:

Whenever i play a patch via Midi and Tweak it, or change the notes, suddenly at some random point it gets kinda "currupted". I dont know a better word to describe it, sorry for that.
    It sounds like the whole patch is played at -4 Octaves. When i go back to "init", or open another Patch it sounds just fine, until the same problem appears again.
    If i safe the "corrupted" patch and open a new one it is fine, if i open the file i saved after the bug appeared, the bug still is there. Thats why i think its something in the patch file itself.

What i tried until now:
    several reconnects
    re installed The virus OS
    btw i am using Cubase 5

hope someone can help me..

thanks in advance,
    Felix

• i'd say something is sending midi messages which alter the patch to your virus. check for CC and Poly AT - access support might be able to help you out as well.
    hth, marc

but why then it is ok for a while, if i select another patch, and seems to be correlated to the patch itself.

• I've actually just experienced this and it wasn't even connected to the computer. I'm using a polar, had it on the same preset with some tweaks for a few days, played it this morning, then left it for a few hours and when I played it again it had that awful lower octave sounding sound to it. I know I haven't tweaked anything except the reverb and delay since this morning. I had to switch to another patch and tweak something to clear the edit buffer. Switching back afterward had the patch back to normal. Using OS 5.04.02.

I've also had the whole keyboard go crazy after playing the demo song a few times. Once included a spontanious power down, another a fairly repeatable stuck note that played regardless of the volume setting or patch changes. Generally though everything is rock solid so that 2% of the time thing isn't bothering me too much. I just make sure to save often...