Numanoid-Vox User

• Hi everybody,

I got my Virus TI 1,5 years ago in addition to Yamaha AN1X/Yamaha MO6. As for drums I sometimes use my Yamaha RX11 and BOSS Dr. Rhythm.

Sold my Poly 800 and Roland D50 - was not really convinced about those two synths.

I would love to play more original Gary Numan string and pad sounds - so if anybody has an idea where to get those sounds from or how to create a sound on top of a preset - pls. let me know.

I also like ULTRAVOX - http://ultravox.npage.de

Keep in touch and have fun,

Cheers!

• Gary Numan used polymoog keyboards 280A for these infamous string sounds in the early days.
    A few years ago I have sampled the first 3 Polymoog 280A presets.

[Blockierte Grafik: http://www.vstream.be/poly.jpg-for-web-small.jpg]

- Vox Humana (High string sound on "Cars", the Pleasure Principle, Telekon, Warriors and Berserker albums)

[Blockierte Grafik: http://www.vstream.be/VH.jpg-for-web-small.jpg]

- String1 (Wobling fast phaser sound on "Cars": intro and chorus)
    - String2 (Used on various songs)

Download them here (choose sfz+wav). These wave files can be played on every wav player.

I have tried to program the Vox Humana on different synths. Some were very good but making an "exact" replica is nearly impossible.
    Mostly they lack warmth and fatness and sound much to bright in the lower regions.
    However the Virus Ti does (should do) an excellent job. The trick is to use a Saw and Pulse waveform.
    Use correct LFO's settings --> pitch and Pulse width modulation and a 3rd LFO for this classic sound.

I am a new Virus TI2 owner. Give me some time to learn how to program the Virus and I will post the patches when finished.

Joeri

• Hi Joeri,

thx for your helpful hints - still trying to emulate ;-))

I case "you got it" I´m eager to get to know the mid-file.

Cheers,

Voxnuman

PS: The Splinter Gig in Cologne was fabulous!!! Got a picture with Gary and a photo!

• HI,

As you probably know, Gary Numan uses Viruses in his live shows to get very near to the sounds he used years ago in his early songs.

I am a great Gary Numan fan and also got to meet him recently at a Splinter gig.

I will probably be able to help you to get the Numan sounds with your Virus if you let me know which sounds you are looking for.

Meanwhile, here are my two Gary Numan covers:

A Prayer for the Unborn; this one is almost almost all Virus:

[soundcloud]

Externer Inhalt soundcloud.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.
    [/soundcloud]

and Airlane. There is no Virus in this one, because I did it before I bought my Virus. The main lead is a Korg Radias:

[soundcloud]

Externer Inhalt soundcloud.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.
    [/soundcloud]

Daniel

• I know this is an old thread, but if any of the subscribers have since had any luck finding any decent Numan presets, or could share knowledge on how to get good results for Replicas/Pleasure Principle/Telekon era sounds I would be really grateful!

• look up Matt Jessup, he created excellent Vox Humana patches

Thanks for the hint. Here's a nice teaser video:

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com

However, although Matt did a set of GN sounds for the Ultranova recently, it seems that the Virus TI patches can't be downloaded anywhere.
    If you know how to get them, please share your knowledge.

Thanks!

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• Please have a look here:

The PolyMoog in your Virus

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von ozon () aus folgendem Grund: Created new thread regarding PolyMoog sound creation.