Virus TI MIDI driver caused blue screen

• Bump. Have had this problem since 2013.

Ridiculous. Going to bump every day until it is fixed. If you ban me I will spend the rest of my days trashing your products. I am fucking done.

A FULL YEAR WITHOUT MY VIRUS TI VST. What a joke.

WINDOWS 7 64 BIT

Heard it many times. Any fix on the BSOD during firmware update? Has anyone fixed this yet? Workaround? I am not reinstalling my OS for 1 synth.

• I guess getting angry helps.

I fixed mine!!!!!! NO WAAYYY!

I have 6x usb ports on my computer. Seems like the 1st USB 2.0 port worked. It happens to be the 3rd port on my system. Maybe try that.

I'M BACK BABY!

• Over the years with the Virus my system was upgraded 3 times, 2xAMD, 1xIntel, so I had the chance to try something like ~40 different ports, USB1/2/3, internal as well as external (PCI expansions) ones. The only thing that changed over the time was the frequency of occurrence.

• Just Get Win8 the USB Drivers for Win 7 are farked up and don't update i had exact same issue but with dedicated USB card and Win8 no problems now DAW and Virus very stable for months now... :)

• let me just say that we don't have BSODs on our radar. so if you suffer from those, get in touch by email, supply details and we'll see how we can help.
    best, marc

Win7 x64 BSOD
    Sending Virus to sleep causes BSOD
    No more features before troubleshooting!!!
    BSOD
    BSOD caused by faulty USB-driver on Windows 7 64-bits with Virus TI2?

SI00019099 (couldn't find the other tickets/emails anymore, some mailbox archives got lost)

So apparently util today they haven't done much, like stated in that ticket years ago, they never asked for anything to reproduce the problem, and neither did the access support. From there on the only answer has been that you guys cannot do anything about it, as it's company xyz developing the driver.

This problem exists for ages, it was reported numerous times, and seemingly ignored by those who are responsible. So what else do you want us to do now years later? I don't want to step on anyones toes, but hearing something like "we don't have BSODs on our radar ... get in touch by email" kinda feels like being kicked in the you know what :pinch:

• you don't need to feel kicked at all. all i do is offer you help.
    what doesn't help is digging reports out which are three years old. and how can you be sure that what you read there doesn't have a different background? just because it is a BSOD, it doesn't mean that it is identical to another BSOD. we can do a lot once we can replicate a problem, without replication, nothing will change.
    marc

• [...] how can you be sure that what you read there doesn't have a different background? just because it is a BSOD, it doesn't mean that it is identical to another BSOD.
    marc

I only picked a few BSODs that occour when switching the Virus off, and expect for the one post where it doesn't state the exact message, it's all about "DRIVER_UNLOADED_WITHOUT_CANCELING_PENDING_OPERATIONS". Of course I cannot tell for sure that it all stems from the exact same problem, but obviously they seem to have quite something in common.

All I wanted to say is that this should be known as an unresovled problem. But I have to admint that as a software developer I may have been a little biased, as I would have expected that this is kept in a bug tracker until it's finally fixed for all those who reported it, no matter whether it has been 4 days, 4 months or 4 years.

[...] we can do a lot once we can replicate a problem, without replication, nothing will change.

Maybe someone should have asked me to help with that, I would have been more than glad to help getting this fixed. But in the last 4 years ever since I first reported it, neither Access nor those who develop the drivers have asked me for any further information, not even on further requests on my part.

Anways, by now I'm about to sell this device since I'm not using it anymore anyways, TI was the only reason for me to buy it in the first place. So I guess I'll butt out at this point...

• Odd, if you like to help and that would require an invite: here's your invite: please contact support and supply as much info as you can including mini dumps etc. as a software developer you will surely know what to do. we will add your input to what we already have in our issue tracking system. if you can, please update to the latest version (5.0.8 ) beforehand.
    thanks, marc

• That comes a little late, but I appreciate it, even with this undertone. However I'm definitely not going to deliberately hard-crash my current working system, no chance. I can give it a try in case my next system upgrade will take place before I can sell the unit, but other than that I'm leaving this to others having the same issue, I'm not in the mood to invest anymore time into this, it has cost me more than enough time and nerves already.

• yeah i can confirm this is true as well

just got a Virus polar

all OS updated to most recent

Windows 7 64 bit

put the guy to sleep....my system crashes sometime later...BSOD

solution? dont put fucking Virus asleep lol.......solution for now