Any Virus C users here who can do this? (rumour is a TI can't do this...)

• Hi,

Rumour is that a lot of people buy a Virus C instead of the TI to create these exact lead sounds.
    Are there any Virus C users here who can follow these steps, showed in all these videos?

Lead 1
    http://youtu.be/s0cVivkMzi8

Lead 2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX4QTEvGus8

Lead 3
    http://youtu.be/RgE9ctze5-o

I'm very curious if someone here is able to to this so we can load the midi into the TI for comparison!
    Good luck guys (and girls?)!
    Thanks

• Here's an old Virus C tutorial that gives a good basis for making similar leads. Very clear to follow. Might be of interest for anyone looking to recreate these. This certainly works on the TI.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIUluK8OFNM

Very similar to a lot of the examples. I'd be very surprised if the TI couldn't do these though. Those are some of the main kinds of sounds a lot of people seem to buy any Virus for...I've certainly managed to get these kind of sounds out of my TI in the past and with the hypersaw it's easier if anything to make these big detuned leads and plucks.

• I can't check out your samples as I am currently a work but the TI should be able to do whatever the C can. The TI has everything a C has to offer, the only difference is that the TI is more powerful and has additional features, effects and oscillators...

• I can't check out your samples as I am currently a work but the TI should be able to do whatever the C can. The TI has everything a C has to offer, the only difference is that the TI is more powerful and has additional features, effects and oscillators...

let me know if you have watched the video's :thumbup:

• I made this on my TI. Not my style of production so apologies if it's somewhat lacking in that regard. The sound should be in the region of what's being discussed though.

Click for MP3

Settings are as follows. If I don't mention a parameter it is no different than the TI's default init. I would upload the patch but the forum doesn't seem to allow attachments.

OSC Section

OSC 1 and 2 Classic > Square
    OSC 2 > Detune > 80
    OSC 3 > Pulse
    OSC 3 > Detune > -40
    OSC 3 > Semitone > +12
    OSC 3 > volume > 45
    Sub OSC > Volume > 33
    Unison > 6
    Unison > Detune > 94
    Unison > Pan Sprd > 80%
    Unison > LFO Phs > +36
    Punch > 100%

Filter Section

Cutoff Link and Filter Link > OFF
    Analogue Mode > ON
    Filter 1 > LP 1
    Filter 1 > Cutoff > 3
    Filter 1 > Env Amt > 37%
    Filter 1 > Reso > 18
    Filter 2 > HP
    Filter 2 > Cutoff > 44
    Filter 2 > Reso > 37
    Filter Balance > -25

LFO Section

All LFOs > Triangle
    LFO 1 > Rate > 98
    Unlink LFO 1 > OSC 1 OSc 2
    LFO 1 > Osc 1 > +15%
    LFO 1 > OSC 2 > +30%
    LFO 3 > Rate > 100
    LFO 3 > Assign > OSC 1+2 Pulse Width > 57%

FX 1 Section

Characters > Analogue Boost > Intensity > 64%
    Characters > Analogue Boost > Tune > 11
    Distortion > Light > Mix > 38%
    Distortion > Light > Drive > 21%
    Chorus > Classic > Mix > 45
    Chorus > Classic > FB > 62%
    Chorus > Classic > Rate > 23
    Chorus > Classic > Depth > 41%
    EQ > Low > -11db
    EQ > Mid > +8bdb
    EQ > Hi > +8db

FX 2 Section

Delay > Classic > Send > -13db
    Delay > Classic > Ping Pong > 2:1
    Delay > Classic > Clock > 1/3
    Delay > Classic > Feedback > 46%
    Reverb > Large Room > Send > -8db
    Reverb > Large Room > Decay > 96
    Reverb > Large Room > Damping > 19%
    Reverb > Large Room > Colour > -27
    Reverb > Large Room > Time > 136
    Reverb > Large Room > Clock > 3/16

Hope this is some help.

• No worries. I Hope it is close to what you were looking for.

I've had a bit more time to play with the sound. It's really all about the PWM, detune and pitch modulation. A fun thing for TI owners to play around with is using PWM wavetables on OSC 2 instead of just a straight square with PWM. You can keep the original character of the sound, but inject a bit of a more digital feel into the highs or lows depending on where you set your WT index.

Also I rather overdid it with filter saturation on that example. You may want to dial the saturation back. That makes the sound a bit week with filter 1 closed though, so you may just want to sack off analogue mode entirely and run with the normal filter mode,

• I own both, a TI1 Desktop and a C Desktop and I'd say they are pretty much the same except the TI is obviously an improved version of the C with wavetable/hypersaw oscillators, 2 extra envelopes and such, you know...

The main genre which I produce also happens to be hardstyle so I know a lot about any kind of sounds regarding this genre and when it comes to leads then what a C can create will also be possible to be recreated using a TI with no doubt whatsoever, the synth engine is the same or if not the same then similar but just improved and by similar I mean the basic routing behind the synth architecture in the TI is following the rules given by the previous models including C which then leads to an obvious statement which I stated before; TI can reproduce any sound made using a C with like 99% accuracy depending on how you look at it.

When it comes to hardstyle, the TI is much more capable of creating supersaw leads to a C, in few ways. First off, the TI has the hypersaw oscillator option, which can give you extra detune and "noise" to fatten/widthen the sound of the lead, for the main "center" layer of a lead I'd advise using the classic oscillators though most of the time because with only hypersaws you might get, umm, too thin sounding lead because the voices will be too widely scattered around so you gotta make a proper, solid, clear sounding "center" or "core" layer for your supersaw lead first to really make it sound just solid and you do this by focusing classic oscillators (or hypersaw with like 1 to 2 voices with no spread but that makes no sense and wastes resources) near the center of the stereo-field. After this you might consider making another layer for the lead using hypersaws to fatten and widthen the sound of the overall lead as I mentioned before. Anyways, this is just my way of creating leads, do whatever you want but after like 2,5 years of experience with the C and 1 year of experience with the TI I've came to the conclusion that this indeed is like the most solid way to create supersaw leads for hardstyle tracks.

Anyways, often I like to mix things up and record this "central" layer using my C because it sounds slightly more warm/different and I don't know exactly why. Otherwise it's identical but it seems like the output sound it produces is affected by some weird invisible EQ boosting the middle-frequency area when I compare an exact same lead played by the TI versus played by the C.

Anyways, here's one recent lead I created with just the TI, proving that it is more than capable of creating solid hardstyle leads
    [soundcloud]

Externer Inhalt soundcloud.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.
    [/soundcloud]