Mac OS X 10.6.1 & Virus 3.3.0 & Logic 9.2 slow to boot?

• Hi Virus users,

anyone experiencing a slower boot-up process with Logic 9 and VC on Snow Leopard 10.6.1?

Since updating to Snow it appears the Virus requires a little more time to activate, even if I switch between multi-out mode it takes approx 20-25 secs.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Harmzoid.

• the multi out delay i can confirm. i get a beach ball for like 10 seconds. this is something unrelated to 10.6 and only true in logic 9.0.x. it doesn't happen within virus control and we hope that either apple will provide a fix or let us know what we need to change in order to make logic not beach ball. as for the slower boot up, i cannot confirm that.

best, marc

• Hi Mark,

Just to keep you updated.....

I finally got around to testing Virus with Ableton and find that it still requires an easy 30 seconds to boot up.

It is baffling as OS Leopard with every Virus version was ok. I also have a Macbook with a similar setup (though no external Plug-ins) and have the same slow boot up.

Waiting patiently for some hopeful cure to this.

Thanks again.

Harmzoid

• Unfortunately, VC doesn't start at all sometimes. I use it with Apogee Enseble driver as a Core audio driver. If I forget to turn the TI on before loading Logic, then turn the TI on and try to open VC nothing happens. VC doesn't boot and respond. The only way is to quit logic and start it again.