Conflict - Chrome (this may solve your problems)

• Hi guys,

I've finally realised that at least on my machine, there is a pretty serious conflict with Google Chrome (the web browser) and Cubase/Virus (Windows X64)

If I have Chrome running in the background I am usually unable to export in real-time without getting CPU overload errors - when I quit Chrome, the Virus exports much better, without causing errors.

Also, if chrome is running I tend to experience weird timing issues, like the virus latency increasing massively - without Chrome running in the background, these issues almost completely go away.

There appears to be some conflict with Chrome and Cubase/Virus on my machine, hopefully this will help someone else. I know you are supposed to have just audio stuff running on your DAW, but this is not always possible, and this conflict cost me loads of time and I have finally worked it out - now my production time is far more productive!

T Shark

• Very interesting, I've just got my TI up and running after shoving it in a box for a year as I'd had enough of "issues" with it. So far on OSX Mavericks it's been quite good, the odd click here, but this afternoon I took your advice and achieved some great sync with no dropouts. While this is encouraging I'm always waiting for the next screw up with it. It's like a self fulfilled prophecy that it will go wrong at some point ;(

• Oh the other thing I forgot to say is that my TI certainly behaves better when it isn't the audio interface... I'm running mine into a Fireface UFX and this seems to work nicely - touch wood. I still have static clicking on my inputs though on occasion, but I was never gonna send it back for repair to pay £500 for the privilege, especially as support bordered on rude with me.

• Spoke too soon, now it's all over the place. Man, If I didn't love the sound of the Virus I would sell it in a heartbeat.

Static pops and crackles in the left output (through the plugin) it has lost sync and now is dropping notes...

• I've had issues with Chrome and a lot of software. Basically CHrome gobbles up over a Gb of memory on it's own, which YES makes the pages load quickly and render nicely but NO I don't need a missing GB of memory. I wouldn't be surprised if the issues you have are related to disk swap while the OS pages out chrome's memory for the DAW.

• please elaborate.
    thanks, marc

I take that back - rude was the wrong word and I apologise for that. Aloof is a better description. Every time I contact support I have the impression that many of the issues I've experienced are known about and it takes great lengths to get a tangible response.