Master Keyboard in LOGIC PRO X

• I've been googling this and still don't know how to do the following:

I just want to set it up as a midi controller within logic. Control faders panning and the soft synths in logic like ES1 ES2 sculpture etc...I also have the spectrasonics suite and would like to set up my virus to control those instruments also.

First off is there a template or templates for any of the above mentioned and if not how can I do this manually in Logic? Doing the learn commands doesn't seem to work in logic. When I do this and turn the knobs no info seems to be reading in the sequencer except for the pitch bend. All other knobs including volume control doesn't work.

Thanks in advance!

• Hello,
    Make sure you have the REMOTE MODE activated on the Virus TI (push SHIFT + CONFIG on the TI hardware) otherwise this will not work. The Virus will only send out its knob movements as Midi data when in REMOTE MODE if the TI plugin is used, otherwise it solely sends out the knob movements for the specific TI parameters as automation events of the used music software.
    There are no templates for the Logic own synthesizers, but you could simply set the unit to the "Virus a-b-c" template in REMOTE MODE and then use the learn function in Logic to learn specific functions of the loaded Logic synths.

Best wishes,
    Jörg Hüttner