Does USB MIDI and 5 pin DIN MIDI play together nice?

• I have various external synth modules that I currently use with 5 pin DIN MIDI via a MAudio Sport. If wanted to use the Virus TI with USB MIDI would it "cause me issues" (polite phrase) with the rest of my gear using 5 pin DIN MIDI?

• Does USB MIDI and 5 pin DIN MIDI play together nice?

Yes

If wanted to use the Virus TI with USB MIDI would it "cause me issues" (polite phrase) with the rest of my gear using 5 pin DIN MIDI?

No

• Bare I mind, when you plugin the USB, the virus physical midi ports change operation,
    Basically they turn the virus into a midi hub, so you can direct midi to other devices through it .
    You cannot use them to communicate to synth engine, this you have to do via USB.

• Bare I mind, when you plugin the USB, the virus physical midi ports change operation,
    Basically they turn the virus into a midi hub, so you can direct midi to other devices through it .
    You cannot use them to communicate to synth engine, this you have to do via USB.

Ok, thanks for that!

• hi :)

does anybody knows how to enable in cubase7 the midi-input for the virus ti2 (via usb)?

i can not see in the cubase inspector any availiable midi input (e.g.: virus usb midi...), beside my previous used midiports(midisportA-D).

thx :)