Access Virus Has A Step Sequencer!

• Not sure if this already common knowledge, but I just discovered this.
    It is a "hidden" feature, but works perfectly. I updated to 5.0.8 yesterday and programmed my own custom pattern into my TI2 Polar using the method shown here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLZqMFOfYqI

Using the Transpose as the destination, the height of the individual steps will give you values that are translated to the different notes you want to sound. 64 is the actual played note, and each number is one semitone higher or lower. Using this method, it is possible to program any sequence of notes you need in the arpeggiator.

I almost purchased another keyboard to get this feature, but the Virus can do it.

Try it out!

-dj

Nord Stage 2
    Access Virus Ti2 Polar
    Sequential Prophet 6
    Korg WS-AD
    Korg TR-Rack
    Roland XV-5050

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von DJKeys ()

• Smashing find, thanks for this. I also commented on the Youtube section too.

I have always wanted to try to replicate a smashing arp sequence on a chillout track i have always liked. I am going to have a bash at this soon using your method.

Mac OSX Yosemite

• Pretty much, part logic and part guess/experimentation..lol

it is the sort of thing that would be useful in the manual tis for sure!

• Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

• hello folks! I'd really love to be able to use this feature, I followed the steps explained in the youtube tutorial but my efforts up to now gave no good results: what I get is that the sound does not play the whole sequence as I would expect, but just the first note: in sound terms it's like after the first step note gates are not re-triggered.
    does this technique work only if there is an external clock source running? I'd need to use this on a live setting, without a computer hooked on.
    thanks a lot for your help!

• The arpeggiator works without a computer or external MIDI clock source. Naturally the Arpeggiator has to be switched on.

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+