Virus Ti Crashing Studio One

• Hi All,

So i'm having a few issue's with the virus ti integration part of it, basically this is what's happening and this is what i've tried........Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem.....

So to start off this is my setup...

PC: i7 3.4ghz, 24 GB Ram.
    DAW: Presonus Studio One 64 Bit...
    Audio Interface : Focusrite Saffire 56
    Audio Buffer Set to :128

Virus Firmware : 5.03

Now the problem I have...

I can load the ti plugin no problem in my project and it works just fine no real major issues, get the odd glitch but i can use the virus just fine. The thing is when i've got say 4 or 5 instances of the virus running, i save the project and close my DAW. Open up the project the next day, when my DAW opens up the project and starts the Ti Plugin, my DAW crashes everytime it try's to load the plugin...

I get an Error message on the LCD panel of the virus saying : Local ON is not recommended when using virus control plug in.

So i've tried turning the local off before loading the project but it still crashes the DAW..

I can get it to work sometimes through perseverance after about 5 or 6 times restarting the DAW. but as everyone knows this does get annoying.

I've tried all the latest firmware's 5.04, 5.08 even going back down to 4... but It still crashes the DAW.

Used every available USB hub, all i have is a mouse connecting to save bandwidth.

Now the thing which does work but i can't change the sound for some reason is using a bridge... So i use Jbridge as a wrapper for the virus ti, this can load the virus no problem but when i go to the browser and change the sound for some reason the sound does not change and i can only hear the sound that was playing before i started the DAW on the virus.

I started to bounce each individual sound and try and use it this way but no matter what i do before i close the DAW and re-open the DAW and load the virus TI it crashes the DAW.

So can anyone help me on this?

Thanks

Warren

• I get an Error message on the LCD panel of the virus saying : Local ON is not recommended when using virus control plug in.

the only thing i can think of is that you're creating a strange situation, MIDI vise by leaving Local to ON. i don't think that would crash anything but it is something you can check. other than that, the instances are not of importance at all, they will not crash virus control, your problem, i believe, lays elsewhere.
    studio one is not a supported hosts, so we cannot help you here but i know that people had good results working with it in conjunction with the Virus TI and so far i don't know of any crashes the ones you're facing.
    hth, marc

• Hi MArc,

Thanks for the feedback, i've still got a few more things to test but that means reverting back to just windows which will take a while.

I'll let you know how i get on and see if i find the solution....

Can you tell me out of all the versions of firmware which one has the most stability?