Getting some issues with new TI2

• Hey all,

I recently purchased a virus TI2 and have had it only about a month now, and noticed some weird issues. First some computer specs:

I just built a new desktop at the same time of purchase. I use Cubase 5 on windows 7 x64 (but 32bit cubase unfortunately). My pc is running 8gb ram on a i7-4770k processor. I have a usb audio interface by native instruments (komplete audio 6). My motherboard is one of the newer z87 mobos. It doesn't have any built in USB 2.0 ports unfortunately, so I had to get a PCI USB/Firewire card (mobo has no firewire so i figured I'd grab one for the future). This is the card I got.

Anyway, the Virus is plugged into that card, if this is necessary knowledge.

So I'm using the virus in cubase 5 on multi mode and I noticed some weird occurances. Two days ago, it made a really loud hissing noise (literally, white noise) sound, then just stopped producing sound, until I put it back into sleep mode and restarted it. Later that day, it made the noise again, then just froze up and continued to make the noise. I couldnt put it in standby, but pulling the USB cable seemed to turn off the device. I plugged it back in and restarted the device and it worked as normal. It didn't do anything weird yesterday but I only used it for a couple hours at best.

I also noticed something else, I'm not sure if its due to the polyphony but i cant imagine it being so:

I have two sounds playing simultaneously. One is a solid-note pad that plays over 4 bars or something. The other is a melody with 1/8th notes. They play fine together unless the melody plays three notes in a row or in a chord. When the melody plays three notes, the pad sound stops playing. If solo the pad works fine.

This seems to happen regardless of the USB output. The weird thing is I think it only happens with the one sound, but I am not certain as I have not done very many tests. I just work around it for now, but if this is something I can fix that'd be cool.

• The pad patch could be quite DSP intensive if it's sweeping wavetables and has effects/unison etc. on it. It's easy to max out the Virus using a pad patch and crazy modulation. :) There's a battery like symbol on the top right which shows how DSP intensive it is.