LCD Replacement for Virus TI

• Hello, new to posting in the forum.

I am the owner of a Virus TI desktop that I have had for a few years. Has had a drink spilled on it in the past.
    The TI works fine, it has some sticky buttons but the thing that has really annoyed me over the last year is that the LCD backlight first started flickering and now the backlight is totally out, characters are still displayed on the screen.

I have no warranty on this TI, but I would like to replace the LCD panel myself. I took it apart and think I may be able to do it.

Does anyone know the replacement part of how I could do this?

Thanks

• I had exactly the same issue with my good old TI1 Polar...
    LCD backlight was first flickering, then failed completely while LCD was still readable without the backlight...
    I disassembled the LCD and found out that one of the backlight LED was defective. Since they are all connected in series, the complete backlight fails in case of only onve defective LED. I ordered new white SMD LEDs and replaced the existing LEDs. The backlight was working well again, but was much darker than with the original LEDs. So after some while I just contacted the official repair center becaue I was too lazy to do research again on the right replacement LEDs. They were so kind and sold me a replacement LCD. With this one the machine is like new.

• Interested here in the UK. My backlight in the TIMK1 keyboard is fine but I have missing lines (vertically) on the LCD display. Happy to sort it out myself however, not been impressed with the performance of this hardware since day one (2006) and I'm wondering if it needs attention. Works fine standalone but USB has always let me down.

Cheers.

• Aj: You can get the plugin integration to perform better if you have the time and patience to look into how your USB buses and devices are connected (both internal/onboard and external). I'm sure that if you move things around, disable the things you don't need and upgrade drivers that are not up-to-date you can find a place for the Virus where it can get all the bandwidth it needs.

• Aj: You can get the plugin integration to perform better if you have the time and patience to look into how your USB buses and devices are connected (both internal/onboard and external). I'm sure that if you move things around, disable the things you don't need and upgrade drivers that are not up-to-date you can find a place for the Virus where it can get all the bandwidth it needs.

No sir.

I've had this synth from new and have run it on numerous operating systems both windows and mac. It's like the tanks Hitler had made. In theory wonderful, but they just didn't work. And as for drivers? What does that mean in the world of mackintosh?