Shift hold?

• is there a way to make shift stay down when using the Ti hardware only I keep running out of hands? - it's impossible to do things like move the ringmod while playing keyboard at the same time.

• Yes I could once I plan to use it in a sound, but it's no good if I am designing sounds in the first place and just trying out what works. For that I need one hand on the keyboard, another tweaking knobs, but that leaves me with no hands to press shift. A latch function would be a great addition.

• The other way if you only have a few things to try, and don't want to start messing with the patch is to use 'remote mode' on the virus.

In Live...
    a) Add VC to track
    b) Click 'configure', move ring mod, so that it becomes a controllable parameter
    c) put TI in remote mode.
    d) Enter Midi map mode, click on the ring mod parameter from (b)
    e) Twist the noise button
    f) Exit midi map

Really all we are doing here, is using remote mode to be able to do our own mapping to any Virus control we want... so gaining lots of extra knobs to use :)

(if you were 'dedicated' enough, i suspect you might even be able create a 'shift mode' remote template, that did this without the ableton mapping, i.e. just sends the CC of the shift parameter)

BTW... possibly for Marc, whenever I do 'configure' in Ableton 9.1, and try to map a parameter, not only do I get the one Ive selected, but some other 'odd' parameter (i.e. i get 2 of them) .. which i have to delete, any idea why?

• Yeah, a shift lock would be nice... I do the same too...
    What I sometimes do is 'invert the problem'...
    use 'hold note' mode of the virus, and say set an arp running... then press a key...

now I have both hands free do work on the sound design, without playing :)