How to replace LCD cover on a Virus TI2?

• I’m attempting to replace the LCD cover on my TI2, and I’ve removed the main board and LCD control board from the control assembly board, however the LCD screen cover appears to be fixed onto the front face of the unit from the inside underneath the control board. Do I need to remove the entire control assembly board in order to get to it? Seems like a mammoth job to replace something so simple. Have looked around for a guide on this and can’t find anything on forums or youtube.

• for the sake of completeness, let me state first that opening up the unit VOIDS your warranty. end users are not supposed to do so, there are no user serviceable parts inside. in any case, if you decide to proceed you need to remove the panel board and probably the I/O board as well (depending on the model you have).
    hth, marc

• for the sake of completeness, let me state first that opening up the unit VOIDS your warranty. end users are not supposed to do so,

Does this also apply to end users who use the rack mounting kit for the TI2 desktop? We have no choice but to open the unit to fit the kit and then we have the option to flip the I/O board to make use of the rear facing sockets.

• Does this also apply to end users who use the rack mounting kit for the TI2 desktop? We have no choice but to open the unit to fit the kit and then we have the option to flip the I/O board to make use of the rear facing sockets.

no, that's okay. in this case there is simply no other choice. on top, the i/o board is not very delicate, the motherboard is.
    marc

• for the sake of completeness, let me state first that opening up the unit VOIDS your warranty. end users are not supposed to do so, there are no user serviceable parts inside. in any case, if you decide to proceed you need to remove the panel board and probably the I/O board as well (depending on the model you have).
    hth, marc

Isn't the warranty supposed to be void also if the sticker is taken off from the bottom... at least mine just came off by itself. Bad glue. But it's older than 3 years anyway, still works.
    But the plastic cover for LCD screen is scratched pretty easily.