Virus Control

• Will all the current and future versions of Virus Control have the Polar/Snow look? Before 3.0 it had that awesome TI Keyboard look. Not a big deal or a problem, I just thought the old school look was awesome.

• This entire "polar" thing simply does not look right at all, especially in the plug-in color. (And i am a person who loves the winter). But this color in VC is not intimidating at all. Please re-design the V-Control plug-in to look much more intimidating.

• The red and black of previous VC made it look like a mean and expensive plug in... this "polar" kinda color makes it look like a freebie :rolleyes:

• sometimes i like the polar one, sometimes its not working for me... and at times it just makes me go for too much of an icy wintery sound.. maybe they should just darken it a bit... i really don't know what they should do to it.

• yeah but thats strange... because it would only make sense that only polar keyboard users should have to look at that plug-in matching their snow keyboard, and TI users should have the option to look at a more industrial style plug-in skin to match the TI... so you are saying this is the skin for life? Sorry but I must say that sucks dude! You are sort of doing what digidesign did with their Icons where they turned them dreadful. Now they made a grey and black icon that looks much better and also other mixing surfaces.

• Marc, it is proven that dark letters on whitish background are much more tiring for the eyes than light letters on black background. This is not a personal preference.

Marcus

Mac Pro 2 x 2.26 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon (2009), 12 GB, OS X 10.6, Cubase 5.5.2, Virus TI, NI Komplete 6, Korg Legacy Collection, Arturia 10 Years Suite

• I have edited the post for the final time because my reference to political ideologies was exaggerated and that Access does not deserve potential visitors seeing other users referring to their stance as communist when it is really not. it was just my initial overreaction. But regardless, I am still shocked and offended at the comment a staff member made.)

I agree with the previous post.... the thing is too taxing on the eyes.... it seems i am not the only one complaining about the unwanted and very tiring look of Virus control. But I cannot explain the response from the company. I will quote Access again. This was very rude:

I will quote Marc:

"we will do nothing to it. this is the part where personal preferences come in."

I find that response very arrogant. Marc, why would you reply like that to a customer? It leads me to believe that customer feedback and majority opinion are not a factor to consider for you.

(And please note, I do not own a snow, . I bought a TI.)

I paid big money for my unit and should have my opinion at the very least considered according to that. And even if the answer is to eventually be no, at least for the company to consider as valid feedback. But this response has no indication of any consideration. Even though both me and another member have shown the potential medical issues with the plug-in.

If your company chooses to be in the global market, then last time I have checked, the customer's feedback and majority opinion is considered as a factor for review sessions... especially when the comments have a consistent pattern like in this example. And then where the polled results have an influence on the subsequent revisions... this is called market research - feedback which is not rejected outright like you have done but rather to at least consider for adjustments.

With that, I apologize for my comments and referrals to negative ideologies which I have edited out. But I cannot help but still be shocked after receiving such a reply from a member of access, especially after friendly, considerate and helpful replies from the tech support department.

Zap

• zap,

"we will no nothing" is an honest and straight forward response, nothing more. it is a direct response to you stating that you yourself don't know what we should do to it. that does not mean, we consider it to be all perfect, it rather means that we have no plans to donate time and energy into a third color scheme. it also doesn't mean that we don't listen, what MaF said, for instance, makes sense, even though i didn't comment on it. in general, we try to focus on sound features, that's why people buy our synthesizers. if we would be in the gaming industry, we probably would donate a bigger fraction of our total development manpower to fine tuning the visual appearance of our products.

as for the language you've utilised in your last post, consider yourself warned.

best, marc

• I think writing something along the lines of "we have no plans on doing anything to it" would have been more appropriate. So I hope you are beginning to understand my initial reaction, which I apologized for. But I am still disturbed by your comment regardless. With that said, warning taken, and I will avoid posting any future defensive messages that are exaggerated. .

As you are noting that what MaF said makes sense... this is exactly the same and primary reason for my exact same request as him. Again, please let me corroborate him and another member who was earlier referring to a medical concern of greater intensity with the letters and contrasts on the current plug-in compared with the previous plug-in. If you mention his comments make sense, then do my same reasons not have equal relevance?

My references to a preferred "meaner" look, were also a reason but not a "need" like the biggest reason being a medical one relating to the strain on the eyes.

• but Marc, why you dont consider make a skin choose for virus control? Black or Polar... it would make happy users who likes Polar aswel who likes Black.

there is mainly two reasons: a second skin would bloat the plug-in a lot (the vast majority of resources within are graphics) and a more bloated plug-in would cause eventually more trouble for computers with already slim memory. the second reason is that we would have to donate more resources to keep things look pretty. some things in virus control are computed graphics and therefore we would have to do things twice.
    we are at a point right now where were we are craving for implementing something new and creative into virus control. we spend the most of the year making sure that virus control becomes compatible with 64 bit systems, windows 7 and mac os 10.6 and we are still not entirely done with it. i give you an example: on windows 7, virus control graphics are sluggish in comparison to what i was in XP or Vista. this is because microsoft removed functions and we need to get our code compatible in order to utilise the ones that replace those functions. the jobs will take some time and add to what we do just to maintain the status quo.
    this doesn't mean that we will improve how virus control looks. for instance, in the browser, i miss some contrast and i believe that his has been stated from other users as well. but just changing the colors didn't do it, so we have to come up with something smarter.

best, marc

• we spend the most of the year making sure that virus control becomes compatible with 64 bit systems, windows 7 and mac os 10.6 and we are still not entirely done with it. i give you an example: on windows 7, virus control graphics are sluggish in comparison to what i was in XP or Vista. this is because microsoft removed functions and we need to get our code compatible in order to utilise the ones that replace those functions. the jobs will take some time and add to what we do just to maintain the status quo.

+1

it's all about priorities...

• there is mainly two reasons: a second skin would bloat the plug-in a lot (the vast majority of resources within are graphics) and a more bloated plug-in would cause eventually more trouble for computers with already slim memory. the second reason is that we would have to donate more resources to keep things look pretty. some things in virus control are computed graphics and therefore we would have to do things twice.
    we are at a point right now where were we are craving for implementing something new and creative into virus control. we spend the most of the year making sure that virus control becomes compatible with 64 bit systems, windows 7 and mac os 10.6 and we are still not entirely done with it. i give you an example: on windows 7, virus control graphics are sluggish in comparison to what i was in XP or Vista. this is because microsoft removed functions and we need to get our code compatible in order to utilise the ones that replace those functions. the jobs will take some time and add to what we do just to maintain the status quo.
    this doesn't mean that we will improve how virus control looks. for instance, in the browser, i miss some contrast and i believe that his has been stated from other users as well. but just changing the colors didn't do it, so we have to come up with something smarter.

best, marc

Well it was just a suggestion to make picky users happy (even i myself think black one looks ugly and tiring to look at), and indeed priorities are always first, virus is bought not because of the good looking :)

• Thanks for that last post Marc, another interesting insight into how Access works. :)

To the OP, most users care about the sound and features of the Virus not the way it looks.
    If the case was a rusty tin box and the plugin looked like a freebie as you put it, I would still use this Synth, I guess you wouldn't.

IIRC this new skin was made to fix the problems visually impaired people had with the original skin, I believe colour blind people had problems reading it.

All that said, I would love to have the ability to make my own skins, or have an official skin swapper app.
    But it really isn't something I want Access to spend time on when there's so many other audiable features that could be added or updated.

• Well said, and agreed!

Keep updating the audio/performance please!