Sound volume oscillating when using Virus TI as audio interface

• Hi, hopefully this is something simple that I've overlooked but I can't find a solution anywhere.

When using my Virus TI as my audio interface in Cubase I find that some of the sounds get louder and quiter like there is an LFO modulating the volume. I've checked all the modulations, effects, lfos etc and cannot find a cause. Interestingly, when I close Cubase and use the Virus in stand alone mode the same sound/s behave normally with no volume oscillation. I have found that when this effect is occuring it can be solved by hitting the mono button but that is obviously no good unless its a bass patch or something like that.

Maybe it's a problem with how I've setup Cubase but again I cannot find any reasons for it. Help would be much appreciated as this has been bothering me for a while.

• The part about the MONO button makes me think that for some reason your setup triggers more than one note-on for each played note (for example when using the Virus as a MIDI controller but leaving local control on). As a result, the two generated sounds may phase-cancel each other in the way that you describe.
    Hope this helps.