LFO reset to measure

• HUBA, I read the post at http://www.vintagesynth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=52206

I use Live too. I used to have the same problem, but I have your fix. It's not the TI, it's Live.

If you have a one bar loop in Session View in Live, the LFO will always reset on the bar. There are 2 solutions to your problem.

1. Make the Loop the number of measures that your LFO cycle is .i.e.: copy your 1 bar pattern 3 times to make your clip 4 bars if your LFO is 4 bars long.

2. Leave it alone and Record your clips into Arrangement view. Once in Arrangement view, they should cycle right.

Does that help?

• Thanks Ionis for trying to help. About live, I found that out too, and it works quite well. Problem is I don't want to use Live as sequencer for different reasons. Not just the latency (which is terrible). I want to be able to do as much as possible without the computer. Especially in the beginning of a project. It's something about having my eyes glued to a screen all the time that doesn't work very good for me.

Anyway, it seems you know what I'm after with the LFO's. I'm trying to figure out if there's a way of getting the TI LFO's to behave that way when using a hardware sequencer.
    If it's technically impossible, it would be nice to know why. Maybe someone from Access could comment. Maybe I'm chasing a ghost by trying to solve this with hardware.

About your first comment with the mono setting, I tried different things with that, and I somehow got it to work . Kinda. When only one note is held through one bar. It makes possible for some interesting results when combined with a lot of different other things, but it's not the same as the LFO behaviour with Live. I want to be able to do this whith riffs too and I want that snappy dynamic LFO reset you get with using Live. (The sequencer in Reason also makes LFO's behave like this when looped) Starting to think it's a thing with software sequencers that can't be done with hardware sequencers for some technical reason

• HUBA, did you consider using 2 LFO's? You might be able to use a square waveform LFO to trigger your other LFO for the bar reset. I'll make some patches and experiment with this one.

Yes that's what I did when I somehow got it to work. Recorded a key held down for one bar, got LFO 2 to modulate patch volume with a 1/1 clock square wave with envelope mode and LFO 1 set to whatever, and somehow got a "resetish" behaviour going. Not very powerful sounding, but somewhat usable.

Thanks again for the interest!