Where i can find sound diver for Tiger/Leopard??

• Hi to all...I had bought a virus C on second hand 1 month ago i'm searching on the web a version of Sounddiver compatible with tiger & Leopard...How can i do without buy third part software...Thanks a lot

• However, there indeed is a public beta of Sounddiver that can be downloaded for free. For me, it worked under Tiger definitely. Leopard, I'm not sure - I *seem* to remember it worked there as well. Under Snow Leopard it's definitely dead.

Another problem could be that you need the old dongle with which SD and Logic were protected before Logic 8. I don't quite remember that one either: Was the last beta version still with the dongle or did it work without it, free for everyone?

Best regards,

Christian

• thanks for gigging out the like ... but ...
    this is an "adaption" for another product, not a stand alone version (which wouldn't require an XS key). really guys, access support can send you sounddiver for virus, but I wouldn't call it a synonyme for future proof product or crash free with recent operating systems. a lot happened since 2002.

best, marc

• Sure, Marc, I agree... But the question was: Is there a Sounddiver version on the net that works with Tiger or Leopard. Well, there is (at least for Tiger), and that's what I wrote. If the OP meant the Access Music Virus-only version, I can't say, and I never tried that one out. But if the full-blown Sounddiver (not the one from Access) works for him, the Virus adaptation should load as well, and he might be happy with it. :thumbup:

Best regards,

Christian

• back in 2002, there was no tiger (MacOS X 10.4) and yes, there are problems, even on 10.4. among those problems is the fact that the public beta which emagic put out at this point in time contains a fair amount of bugs which emagic never fixed, eventually because apple instantly discontinued sounddiver when they bought emagic. if you're happy with an app not crashing on boot up and the rest doesn't matter, i guess you're right.

best, marc

• I can only report from experience:

- The public beta I linked is from 2003 (Readme from 2004).
    - It has been made into a "public beta 2" because of some of the problems you mentioned, so the rest of the Emagic team changed a few things after Apple had bought them, called it beta and left the users with it.
    - For me, it worked flawlessly under Tiger and completely handled my (then much bigger) hardware rig.
    - It needed an XS key to work.

What I am NOT sure about:

- If I used it successfully under Leopard (can't remember).
    - If the OP meant this full blown version or the Access version from 2002.
    - If the OP has an XS key to operate the whole thing.

So what's the argument? I didn't recommend anything or made false statements. I just answered the question based on my experience with SD pb2. Can we settle on that? ;)

Best regards,

Christian