I'm running a Virus Ti Polar through Ableton, and run into a problem with its keyboard and loading multiple parts.
- Go into Ableton and load Virus Control. (I'm running 5.0.8.00 if that helps, and Ableton 9.)
- I load 3 patches into Virus Control on the first 3 parts, not a problem.
- Click each part (or part buttons on the Virus) and see the Virus screen update with the appropriate patch name.
- I can play each part by sending midi to the appropriate channel on Virus Control in Ableton, that's fine also.
- However, whenever I play the keyboard on the Virus itself, it always sends the trigger to Part 1 only, no matter which part I have selected on the Virus, or indeed what channel I have activated on Ableton..
I'm not trying to do something complicated like a split keyboard (most of the solutions I've googled are around this), I would like to be able to control the currently selected Part with the Virus keyboard.
Now, I have managed to get this working by changing the Arm Arrangement to a midi channel pointing at the respective virus control channel, that works ok, but seems to be a work-around. Am I missing something to get this to work in a proper multi-part way?
Thanks in advance!
Edit: I realised there's a dedicated TI section in this forum, if a kind mod could move it there I'd much much obliged.