Will there ever be a new Virus T3i or anything totally New from Access ?

• Hi,

I guess the topic says it all.

So far... Nothing New from Access, I wonder why ?

Could we expect something new this year ?

I hope I'm not the only one interested in seeing Access move forward, and release their next generation Virus T3i, or anything new and exciting.

Cheers,
    Virus21

• I hope they've learned their lessons for the next product because it's no exaggeration to say that their USB implementation has been an utter disaster.

• I hope they've learned their lessons for the next product because it's no exaggeration to say that their USB implementation has been an utter disaster.

Well... They are still using USB 1.1 which was released in 1998. I think we are in 2014 ;) and we have USB 3, USB 2, and Thunderbolt .. I hope Access is not ignoring this, and will have something new and exciting to keep us excited, that uses USB 3 (which is the most popular these days) .

Cheers,
    Virus21

• To be fair to Access they have been upgrading the features and software of the TI and TI2 constantly for years, the TI now compared to when it first came out has loads more sonic features. Realistically other than a few layout parts and higher power processing there is little to no difference between the TI and the TI2. There probably wont be a requirement for a TI3 until the Hardware needs to be changed

• To be fair to Access they have been upgrading the features and software of the TI and TI2 constantly for years, the TI now compared to when it first came out has loads more sonic features. Realistically other than a few layout parts and higher power processing there is little to no difference between the TI and the TI2. There probably wont be a requirement for a TI3 until the Hardware needs to be changed

The hardware does need to be changed, like desperately. I get the sense that they cannot make USB any better than it is due to a hardware limitation.

There's another thread where a guy said he can't get his mac pro trashcan to work with the virus. If they can't get that fixed then Access's future as a cutting-edge modern synth may be short lived, and it's going to go the way of a vintage/classic machine that only "integrates" with specific PC-based USB hardware.

• Yes it's true their USB implementation is older, but this is an artifact from their use of a third party USB component. This was obvious from their problem getting up to speed with the latest OSX drivers.

I seem to remember it being from these guys?
    http://www.ploytec.com/

They now have a USB 2.0 version however.

Sonicly though I can't imagine needing much more than what I have, of course I haven't spent much time on it. There is too much goodness for me to handle all at once at the moment! :)

• usb 1 is enough for what it does - you guys asking for usb would most likely have the same issues with your pc/mac hardware even if it was usb3...

it works fine on usb 1 for me, both on my PCs and on my macbook.

the problem isn't usb1 - it's your computer.

• usb 1 is enough for what it does - you guys asking for usb would most likely have the same issues with your pc/mac hardware even if it was usb3...

it works fine on usb 1 for me, both on my PCs and on my macbook.

the problem isn't usb1 - it's your computer.

haha. The hell it is. Just look around this forum, it's plagued with problems by everybody for years. It's a crap implementation.

• Hi,

I still wonder what is it that's holding Access back form moving forward ? i.e. Release a new Ti3 with USB 3, or something totally new, and exciting that will complement the current Virus Ti ?

And nobody is rushing them, since this is something that has been requested years ago. They surely had the time to develop something new, and exciting.

Since Access does like to comment on these topics, or give us a bit of a teaser of what to expect next. It makes it quite difficult to predict if they are working on anything new.

Did anyone here email Access directly to ask about this ? if Yes, and they did reply, what did they say ?

Cheers,
    Muziksculp

• you can write, but you will get the stock answer that any company in any industry will give you..

"we don't release our development plans or advance information until we are very close to launch"

in fact, you are more likely to see something on the web via twitter, blog, or some random photo from a beta tester or similar long before Access announces anything.

I would be as keen as anyone to checkout new gear.. but there are plenty of other toys to play with in the meanwhile :)

• Someone needs to go down and spy a lil at their offices. See what kind of traffic is going on. I suspect for the moment they are quite enjoying retirement and doing little towards something new down there. Perhaps waiting to see what happens both technology wise and music wise!

• Everytime I search this Forum, there is 90% latency problems. So Thunderbolt interface would be the best upgrade for the TI3. But also USB 2.0/3.0 for those who do not have Thunderbolt.
    Thunderbolt is sort of directly connected to the PCIe Lanes in the computer and gives minimum latency and high speeds. :love:

And with more DSP power that enables higher sound quality and polyphony. It would be a dream come true. But I don't think there will be anything new this year. :(

• usb 1 is enough for what it does - you guys asking for usb would most likely have the same issues with your pc/mac hardware even if it was usb3...it works fine on usb 1 for me, both on my PCs and on my macbook.the problem isn't usb1 - it's your computer.

Oh yes it is... It took YEARS and probably very smart engineering inside the TI plugin to work around the limitations of USB1 and the unreliability of its timing in particular.Thunderbolt would be ideal, but it's not popular outside of the Mac world yet, so it would make most commercial sense for Access to go with USB3.