• I think the most USB outs you can get is 3, but if you "mono" your sounds and hard pan each channel either left or right...you might be able to get six channels out of it using 3 USB outs. You wouldn't want 8 stereo outs of USB, that is not a good idea. Although it is a fact that USB is faster then Firewire, FW has A LOT more bandwidth. If the Virus were FW, (which would be a bad idea for compatibility reasons) it would handle 8 channels easy, but it's not so it won't and that's a good thing.

• I think the most USB outs you can get is 3, but if you "mono" your sounds and hard pan each channel either left or right...you might be able to get six channels out of it using 3 USB outs. You wouldn't want 8 stereo outs of USB, that is not a good idea. Although it is a fact that USB is faster then Firewire, FW has A LOT more bandwidth. If the Virus were FW, (which would be a bad idea for compatibility reasons) it would handle 8 channels easy, but it's not so it won't and that's a good thing.

Unfortunately, you are wrong. FW has it's own share of problems.

-timo

• Marc , so if you can't make 4 USB ports could you do something like " mono usb " option ?

For now we have :

USB 1 (* stereo )
    USB 2 (* stereo )
    USB 3 (* stereo )

Could you add a Mono option ??

USB 1 (* stereo ) { like now we have }
    USB 2 (* stereo ) { like now we have }
    USB 3 (* stereo ) { like now we have }
    USB 1 ( mono ) { new option }
    USB 2 ( mono ) { new option }
    USB 3 ( mono ) { new option }
    USB 4 ( mono ) { new option }
    USB 5 ( mono ) { new option }
    USB 6 ( mono ) { new option }

It give us a chance to choose between 3 stereo USB or 6 USB Mono.
    It's great oportunity for people interested mono basslines or sounds. Think its easy to do and we need it soooo much.

• Could you go into detail on this? I only get 3 stereo channels in Cubase.

Mac Pro 2 x 2.26 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon (2009), 12 GB, OS X 10.6, Cubase 5.5.2, Virus TI, NI Komplete 6, Korg Legacy Collection, Arturia 10 Years Suite