Virus with Thunderbolt to USB adapter?

• I''m interested in this too.

I'm thinking of going for a Mac Pro this year, which only has 4 USB3 ports.

I've used my Virus as sound-card and synth for live sets on my 2011 MacBook 13".

So, I'm thinking either:

1) Dock with more USB ports (like the Belkin)

or

2) audio streamers like the Virus connected to 3 ports on the Mac and a hub for less time-critical devices.

Any thoughts or suggestions welcome.

• Hey there,

as i am experiencing the same problems. Is there any updates from you guys who bought that thunderbolt to usb hub? Still working without problems?

Also how could i rule out a hardware issue?

Cheers

• Well my Virus TI works fine using the Kanex adapter thunderbolt to USB adapter - no error message any more. But to be honest, I've been told by Access that i can just ignore that message anyway, so i'mm gonna try using it without teh adapter to see if it runs better. coz i noticed it seems to crash cubase more now. Not sure if that's related but maybe.
    i'm gonna use my thunderbolt port for my Motu 828x instead and use the USb for Virus TI and just ignore the dumb message that comes up every time.

I'd also like to mention - changing the buffer setting on my soundacard seemed to fix the timing issues (nearly). Still has a horrible latency when playing keys. And the arp goes out of time over long notes, which is ridiculous. I seriously cannot understand how an old technology like MIDI can not work just as well over USB? Hello Access??

• Well my Virus TI works fine using the Kanex adapter thunderbolt to USB adapter - no error message any more. But to be honest, I've been told by Access that i can just ignore that message anyway, so i'mm gonna try using it without teh adapter to see if it runs better. coz i noticed it seems to crash cubase more now. Not sure if that's related but maybe.
    i'm gonna use my thunderbolt port for my Motu 828x instead and use the USb for Virus TI and just ignore the dumb message that comes up every time.

I'd also like to mention - changing the buffer setting on my soundacard seemed to fix the timing issues (nearly). Still has a horrible latency when playing keys. And the arp goes out of time over long notes, which is ridiculous. I seriously cannot understand how an old technology like MIDI can not work just as well over USB? Hello Access??

you have a fundamental problem with your system, please contact support by email.
    marc

• Hi all,

To answer my own question - my Virus TI2 keyboard works extremely well with a Kanex Thunderbolt to USB adapter. I've only had it for a few days, but in that time it has been perfect. It is hard to believe that the TI could work better.

On the other hand, my system worked pretty well without it too, but I think it was worth it to get it from 95% to 99.5%...

D.