new forum - login (& other) troubles

• problem is now resolved

virus.info/forum, now uses an integrated login with virus.info (nice !!!!)

============== ORIGINAL POST ===========
    hi,

I think the links on the login forum is incorrect.. or at least some confusion as to if its login in to virus.info rather than the forum.

the login at the top of the screen will log you into virus.info, rather than the forum
    i had to use
    http:virus.info/forum/ [this link has been edited in order to avoid others falling into the same trap, editor]

then I had to change my forum password, old one didnt seem to work.

now I'm in ...

I have two minor issues:
    a) I cannot logout ... i think probably related to first issue
    b) I cannot change my password from the temporary one allocated. there appears to be no option in the settings
    c) access icon is not loading as file is missing http://www.virus.info/library/…ess-theme/access-logo.png :)

but new forum does look nice :)

• 1st...whoever is in charge of all this should seriously be embarrassed as should Access.
    Loging on has been a nightmare.
    As noted the link (still) takes you to the main Access site as it did before but it does not work hand in hand with the new forum so you basically are in a never ending loop.

I managed to login buy fussing w/the address based on what technoBear posted but I got somewhere with:
    http:virus.info/forum/ [this link has been edited in order to avoid others falling into the same trap, editor]

After that, had to click the lost password and wait, then click email link, wait, then finally login..

Seriously, fix this or hire someone who knows wth they're doing.
    You can afford to pay them with the money you saved by using USB1.1 on your $2500 synths.
    :evil:

PCWS: i7 3930k | Corsair H100 | Sapphire HD7950 Dual X | 64GB Patriot Viper III DDR3 1866 | MSI BigBang XPower II | 8xSamsung EVO=19TB + 2xWD4001=8TB HDD | Enermax 1200w 80+Platinum | CM Cosmos II

Cubits: Cubase 12.0.7 | CMC-TP · CH · PD · AI · QC · FDx2

Main Gear: Access Virus Ti · Virus C | Maschine Studio · Jam | Korg Triton pro 76 | Novation SL MKII | MOTU MidiXT | Roland XV-5080 · JV-2080 · TR-8 · TB-3 · VT-3 | Goliath HD | Barefoot MM27Gen2 | Mackie HR824 | Yamaha AW4416

• Marc,
    the login at the top left of the page... the only login link i can find on the page ... which one works for you :)
    ( joking aside, i wonder if for some reason it works for you internally, but does work externally)

I reported this via support (Ticket ##SI00085882) 4 days ago, was told it was a glitch, I said it want it was obviously an incorrect link, and was told 2 days it was being looked into.

as Royal says, you are also forced to reset your password, but then the forum provides no means to change your password to something memorable!

Im assuming, given the fact the downtime and forum upgrade was not pre-announced, perhaps it was necessary due to unforeseen circumstances, and perhaps not been as smooth as expected.

• emptied cookies, and cache, also tried another browse I don't usually use .. the same problem.

what login window do you see when you click the link? … do you see the access website logon? or the forum logon one?

when we click on the link (as royal and i have already said, we see the access website one) , when we enter our username and password there, it simply returns us to the forum page, and but still shows login at the top right…

the only way for us to get in, is using the link we supplied directly, and then resetting your password.

given no other existing users have logged on, id suspect its a common issue.
    (perhaps clear your cache/cookies and try again)

• when i click on the link, it takes me to the access main page and once i login there, it takes me straight back to the forum and i'm logged in.the login takes me here: [REMOVED] http://www.virus.info/page/ren…grated_Synthesizers.htmli
    I've tried a lot and i cannot make it fail. but also i have admit, i'm not the expert here, i'm just compare findings.could you give me a favor and try to reset the password again using the link in this post? you need to click on "Forgot password?" and follow instructions.
    thanks, marc

• bingo that is it!!!

ok, so whats going on is this...so you are now using an integrated login for virus.info and virus.info/forum (this is cool!)

I think this issue for existing users is:
    - the virus.info password is the same as it was before
    - the virus.info/forum ( so new forum) has either not been set, or has randomly been allocated. (or something similar)

there is a 'bug' on the forum software, such that, if you use your correct virus.info password, it logs you into int virus.info,
    BUT silently is unable to log you into the forum, as so you remain out of the forum.. with it saying login at the top right.

If you do forget password on the virus.info login page, then this appears to reset both the virus.info and forum password,
    similarly, if you use account management on the virus.info (not forum) you can then change your password, which will affect both forum and virus.info!

Marc, I don't know if your devs are going to be able to do something about this (e.g. set the forum password correctly?),
    otherwise you are going to have to put a notice up, to tell existing users to reset their passwords.
    (if this is the case, it might almost be worth resetting all the virus.info passwords, so users are told its the wrong password, rather than attempting to login and it silently failing)

(I'll edit first post here.. to avoid confusion)

Notes: this resolves my other two issues too…
    i) I can logout
    ii) I can change my password from the account management, on virus.info… (note its not an option in the forum settings/preferences which just related to forum options)

• Marc, I don't know if your devs are going to be able to do something about this (e.g. set the forum password correctly?),
    otherwise you are going to have to put a notice up, to tell existing users to reset their passwords.

in theory, everything should work now. we did a huge update of the forum software and as a part of that, passwords were converted to be more secure. this is where something went wrong. we have corrected this now and things should be back to normal.
    thanks for your help, marc
    ps. sorry for censoring the links in your posts, i wouldn't do this normally but i want others to fall into the same trap.

• ftr, same thing just happened. Clicked logon, taken to the Main Virus.info page and said wrong pw.
    So used my other (edited) method. Wrong PW
    Reset my PW again in order to get in.

Now going to change it back and hopefully this gets sorted out..if not I doubt I'll be coming back anytime soon because this is just ridiculous.

Thx for your efforts though Marc, appreciate it..

PCWS: i7 3930k | Corsair H100 | Sapphire HD7950 Dual X | 64GB Patriot Viper III DDR3 1866 | MSI BigBang XPower II | 8xSamsung EVO=19TB + 2xWD4001=8TB HDD | Enermax 1200w 80+Platinum | CM Cosmos II

Main Gear: Access Virus Ti · Virus C | Maschine Studio · Jam | Korg Triton pro 76 | Novation SL MKII | MOTU MidiXT | Roland XV-5080 · JV-2080 · TR-8 · TB-3 · VT-3 | Goliath HD | Barefoot MM27Gen2 | Mackie HR824 | Yamaha AW4416

• Just logged out, cleared cookies/cache...
    Attempted login.. failed, Wrong PW. (Main Virus.info)
    Attempted to change pw here..nope not allowed to.

Login worked with my previously reset PW.

:thumbdown:

• odd, it worked for me yesterday...

im assuming to reset your main access password...
    when you did this could you then log into the forum, with the password it sent you?( i could)

then the password can be changed from the virus.info account management, not the forum settings.