Virus Ti Software Suite 5.1 has been released for Mac OSX

• hi there,

a new public beta is out for Mac. The new version supports 10.10 Yosemite and also features new audio and MIDI drivers. 48k sessions should run smoother now and we also fixed a couple of sleep mode related issues. The release is Mac only at the moment but there will also be a new Windows version in a couple of weeks.

A hint for you: due to some changes Apple has made in the last OSX updates, it might be necessary to un-install the old version first using the un-installer in /Applications/Access Music/Virus TI/

5.1.0.can be found here: http://www.virus.info/downloads

best, marc

• Fantastic!!! Thank you Access!

Just loaded up 5.1.0, and indeed 48k sample rate does not kill midi when using Virus Control anymore - yippee!!!!.
    This has been such a source of frustration for me, so to finally have it fixed is just awesome!
    ( I still have the issue with Virus Synth midi device disappearing when new usb devices are loaded, but thats a minor thing by comparison, and i can live with it!)

Just one small thing... (as much for others)
    I did uninstall as suggested, but still the firmware upgrade didn't work first time.
    Every time I do an OS update I have the same issue, which is the installer works, but the firmware upgrade fails, power off the virus, put it in firmware mode (exit), then restart the installer, then it works.
    Ive upgrade the firmware quite a few times now, and it always appears to be the same.

I wonder, would it be better in the future, to put the virus in firmware mode BEFORE i run the installer for the first time... might this prevent this initial firmware upgrade fail?
    also... if it does fail, do I have to run the installer, or would running the VCC and an OS update do the same, since the new software is already installed.
    (this would at least mean i don't need to restart the computer again!)

anyway, thanks again... fantastic stuff, I'll let you know if i run into any issues.
    Mark

details for others:
    Virus TI keyboard mk1, bios 1.03, previously installed Virus OS 5.0.7
    Mac OSX 10.9.4
    tested new VC, with Live suite 9.1.5
    sample rate 48000
    audio interface : focusrite saffire pro 14

• some of us found that if we used 48000 sample rate, then when using Virus control, after a short while midi notes would start hanging.
    (this only happened when using virus control, i.e. using normal midi was fine, and 44.1k was fine. It appear somehow starting VC when using 48k sample rate would some how block the virus midi driver)
    ... big issue for me, as I needed to use 48k for other devices, so basically meant id given up on VC.

• Just one small thing... (as much for others)
    I did uninstall as suggested, but still the firmware upgrade didn't work first time.
    Every time I do an OS update I have the same issue, which is the installer works, but the firmware upgrade fails, power off the virus, put it in firmware mode (exit), then restart the installer, then it works.
    Ive upgrade the firmware quite a few times now, and it always appears to be the same.

I did not tried the newest 5.1.0 but from some time I also have similar issue with installer.

• There still problems using the Ti as an interface for system related sounds (iTunes, Quicktime, Firefox). After a while the Audio-Driver suddenly stop working. Switching back to the integrated Speakers and then back to the Ti in the System-settings helps for a few minutes. Contacted support already about this, so lets see what will happen.

• After updating I have issues when load it in Logic Pro X - at certain point of time I stop hearing sound out of it - indicators show that it should be okay, but I can't hear anything. When clicking on the plugin I see that it is still active, no problems there as well. The only workaround I've found so far is restarting Virus. Quite annoying..

• After updating I have issues when load it in Logic Pro X - at certain point of time I stop hearing sound out of it - indicators show that it should be okay, but I can't hear anything. When clicking on the plugin I see that it is still active, no problems there as well. The only workaround I've found so far is restarting Virus. Quite annoying..

I'm experiencing the exact same behavior in Live. I'm using my snow as an interface. Works fine for a while, then all audio just stops. Cycling the power on the Snow brings it back until it happens again, which it always does. Serious vibe/momentum killer. MBPr OS X 10.9.5

• I'm experiencing the exact same behavior in Live. I'm using my snow as an interface. Works fine for a while, then all audio just stops. Cycling the power on the Snow brings it back until it happens again, which it always does. Serious vibe/momentum killer. MBPr OS X 10.9.5

Same problem here :thumbdown:

• I'm experiencing the exact same behavior in Live. I'm using my snow as an interface. Works fine for a while, then all audio just stops. Cycling the power on the Snow brings it back until it happens again, which it always does. Serious vibe/momentum killer. MBPr OS X 10.9.5

could you check, if there are log messages in console when audio stops?
    thanks, marc

• I certainly will.

This is what the console read:

11/23/14 9:35:47.543 AM coreaudiod[203]: PtASPlugInAddDeviceClient Bundle Ref: com.apple.WebKit.Plugin.64, clientID 627
    11/23/14 9:35:47.574 AM com.apple.WebKit.Plugin.64[1863]: Enter CreateAudio
    11/23/14 9:35:47.574 AM com.apple.WebKit.Plugin.64[1863]: CreateAudio: CurrentprocessName com.apple.WebKit PGKernelDeviceVirus
    11/23/14 9:35:47.000 AM kernel[0]: USBDriver: creating AUDIOUSERCLIENTCLASS
    11/23/14 9:35:47.000 AM kernel[0]: USBDriver: created AUDIOUSERCLIENTCLASS 0xffffff804781be00
    11/23/14 9:35:47.000 AM kernel[0]: *** Connected to client 1863 ***
    11/23/14 9:35:47.675 AM com.apple.WebKit.Plugin.64[1863]: CurPID=1863, curUID=501 process=NO_NAME
    11/23/14 9:35:47.675 AM com.apple.WebKit.Plugin.64[1863]: CurrentprocessName is com.apple.WebKit
    11/23/14 9:35:47.676 AM com.apple.WebKit.Plugin.64[1863]: Found a device of class PGKernelDeviceVirus (won't write), result 00000000.
    11/23/14 9:35:47.676 AM com.apple.WebKit.Plugin.64[1863]: fwUpdaterActive: No updater detected
    11/23/14 9:35:47.676 AM com.apple.WebKit.Plugin.64[1863]: before m_cTreadStartStopSemaphore.wait
    11/23/14 9:35:47.676 AM com.apple.WebKit.Plugin.64[1863]: after m_cTreadStartStopSemaphore.wait
    11/23/14 9:35:47.676 AM com.apple.WebKit.Plugin.64[1863]: UID= VID_133E_PID_0815_BUS_14140000
    11/23/14 9:36:20.220 AM Console[1868]: setPresentationOptions called with NSApplicationPresentationFullScreen when there is no visible fullscreen window; this call will be ignored.

Just grabbed this immediately after it happened again:

11/23/14 10:04:40.000 AM kernel[0]: Lost Sync...Len:0 Expected:44 MaxDelta:2