• Hi,
    Im having a problem using input follower, which causes be to get distortion when the note being play is triggered.
    my test scenario is pretty simple:
    a) use an init patch
    b) turn input follower to L+R
    c) turn filter envelope amount to full
    d) turn filter cutoff down.

now, create an input.. i'll use live but same elsewhere
    a) create a drum track,
    b) put a kick on each beat
    c) send output to Virus TI input.

with a bit of adjusting of input follower sensitivity , and keeping attack and release short, if you hold a note down, then you will hear it 'pulse' with the drum beat.
    Cool.... seems to be working

BUT... and its a big but, every time you play a new note you get a big distortion...

Ive track this down, its due to the fact the filter opens full, and then snaps shut (depending on input follower)

I didnt understand this at all... then i noticed that the filter envelope (which you cannot change as its supposed to be overridden by the input roller) and a very fast attack/decay

So I then I did an experiment..
    I turned off the input follower, and then changed the filter envelope, gave it a large sustain.
    turned the input follower back on...

bang, now I have a distorted sound at all times...
    So now I'm a bit confused....

What should I set the filter envelope to before activating the input follower, so that it doesn't open up...

I thought i understood the input follower, but appears I'm missing a vital ingredient :)

thanks for any help

Mark

• Hi ! I ring back thi thread to life because after a lot of try, research on internet, I find and experiment only the same : impossible to modulate anything with the inout follower. I get only a completly awful distorted sound as soon as I try it. ?(
    And I've found people trying it since the feature exists on virus synth ! :S

Is there any secret to know to use it correctly ?

Many thanks for any info !