Virus C Sync Issue

• Hello,

I've noticed that my Virus C is playing notes later then all my other instruments in Cubase. Is this a setting? or is it suppose to have latency with the Virus C. I also have a TI Snow, and it's playing fine.
    My Virus C is hooked up on my MOTU 828 Mk3 Hybrid. Can someone please help me to get my Virus synced up in cubase with all the other plugins.

• Hey Rens,

I think you have the option to delay all the other samples and vst's via the mixer (that is possible with fl studio =).
    Not sure if that is also possible with logic.. maybe it helps. Btw, can you look at my problem aswell? I posted it on the forum, maybe you can help =D.

• Hi,You are experimenting a latency problem.latency is the time a process needs to be converted to audio.

In your case your computer reads the MIDI (no latency) then send it to your Virus (moderate latency) then your Virus process it ("no" latency) then it sends audio to your sound card ("no" latency) then your sound card (aka digital analog converter) converts audio (aka analog signal) to a digital signal ( MAIN LATENCY ) then your sound card sends it to your computer ("no" latency then your computer listen to it (no latency then your computer processes it (according to audio effects you put on the signal in your DAW) (MAIN LATENCY depending on what vst you have) then actually records it in your DAW ("no" latency).

You can see there's a lot of processes running just for your synth ;)

As you can see main latency comes from VST and conversion to digital.

To recover from this problem either turn off all effects on your signal before recording it either lower the buffer of your sound card (might cause clicks) either buy a better soundcard (which will allow lower buffer without clicks) .I recommend you explore your favourite searching website with "audio latency problem".BE CAREFUL that you can compensate for thedriver latency in your daw settings but it CANNOT prevent the converting latency NOR the audio effects latency

Sorry for my english, it's not my native language but i hope this will help you

.It's definitively NOT linked to your Virus (although it actually have altency, it is a very lowwwww latency because the Viru is DEDICATED to making sounds)