Virus TI 2 Doesn't Play Chords In Unison Mode

• Hello,

I got a question, i've made some nice chords that i want to play on my virus TI 2 Desktop, but the chords aren't played by my virus when i got the virus on Unison mode (Doesn't matter how much voices i select, i dont get the chords to sound as they should). The virus only plays some notes that are inside the chords, but nearly allways misses a few notes of my chords. Sorry for my bad english by the way, i hope you kind of get the problem..

INFO::
    DAW: FL Studio 11.3
    Soundcard: Focusrite Saffire USB 6
    Virus Software: 4.1.1.05 (I found this one most stable for my pc)

Hopefully somebody know's this problem, thanks in advance!

• I'm using 5.1.0, so cannot tell if there is any difference... but unison works fine for me.

I assume, your patch is not so complex your getting voice stealing?

what I would try is...
    load init patch, and just turn unison on to twin, does it work? if so its your patch ... so id go back to your patch, and start reducing its complexity a bit at a time, until unison works.

if it doesn't work with the init patch, then look to your setup, trying connecting a keyboard directly (so no computer/daw). if it works, then add the computer back in, but just use midi (so not virus control).

basically, test in the simplest way, to make unison work... then start adding things back in, one at a time to see what breaks it.

• Hello Thetechnobear,

Thanks for you reply, and sorry for my late respons. I tried what you adviced, the virus ti 2 play chords when i just use the init patch.
    When i change the init patch and use unison, it still works. Now i only change the wave patch to hyper saw, and even if it is with 1 voice, it stops playing the chords in unison.
    Maybe someone has this problem as well, or maybe knows about the problem?

I have tried to play the virus with my keyboard, but even then the virus crashes allot! i can't play with it for 5 minutes without a single crash.. really starting to doubt if the machine is 100% working.. Btw when it crashes there is a terrible noise coming from the virus ti 2, the noise isn't controllable with the volume knob of the virus please help =( !!

• hmm, sounds not very healthy.
    it would be easy to speculate, but its probably better you contact access support, as Im sure they can help you diagnose the issue, and determine if its hardware or not.

Id concentrate on getting it to work standalone without the computer first, so the computer software is 'out of the picture', also if it 'crashes' standalone, its never going to work properly with the computer.

Personally, I would be tempted to upgrade the OS to 5.1.0 or 5.0.3, as this not only upgrades the software on the computer, but also the firmware on the Virus, and perhaps there was an issue with the firmware version your using.
    (sure this might introduce other issues, but if its solves the crashing issue, then you can resolve these other 'less serious' issues with access support)

has this all just started? was it working okay before?

so my 'suggestion' would be upgrade, see if it works standalone, and also start talking to Access support, they are very responsive.

• I have the exact same problem! The more voices I add in the Unison sections, the more I loose notes in the chords I play!
    Off or Twin, all notes of the chords can be heard juste fine. But with 4 voices and more, some notes of the chords aren't played. It seems to be random.

Any solution to this? This is really killing me!

• If the Virus starts cutting off notes or not playing them, then the unit simply runs out of voices. Especially with UNISON you can very quickly create immense voice counts that can be too much for the unit. Simple example: if you play a 4 notes chord and you have UNISON set to 4, each chord needs 16 voices. If the chords then have a longer amplifier release time and you hit chords short after another, the unit has to calculate 32, 48 or more voices.