I Need More Evil Sounds for a Terminator Feel

• I wish there was a soundset download available that had only evil sounds. Perhaps I shall pursue the making my own bank of 128. But does anyone know which of the soundset downloads available on the Virus website has the most evil sounds possible meant to layer on top of heavy metal or dark industrial metal music?

The big trance sounds don't work for that style for obvious reasons... but some of the industrial type sounds are good in the Virus... especially the little twisted creepers.... but i need more. You see, I am looking for sounds from hell that are meant for a very cold and dark sounding project... but still modern to some degree... the best way to explain it is something meant for the very cold and inhuman feel of the Terminator movies. I want to add demonic cult-like vibes to complement down-tuned electric guitars.

But not too atmospheric sounding... although not too big either.

There are more than enough hard trance sounds in the Virus that are simply too "brazen" for me. The sounds I need more of is very hard to describe... they have to sound extremely deep without going over the top like all those "acid" sounds that are just too heavy for me.

• wow, what are the odds. lol. your elemental set you referred me to was the first new bank i added before you wrote that message. so i still have to see what it sounds like and i will get back to you. but someone needs to make a bank of 128 Demonic Virus patches. i requested this directly to the company. surely this is the most ideal unit capable of such an accomplishment.

• Check out the Matthew Stolley soundsets, and my Elemental SoundSet.

ok i checked out some of your sounds. they are very proper and exactly what i am looking for.... how do you program stuff like that?

anyways i am kinda stuck... i can't use the arrow up and down in VC in pro tools to browse through the patches (any lib at all)... and I have to double click on each patch.. i hope they fix this, cause i could more rapidly check out all the libraries...

do you know if any of the libraries for sale are any good for that evil stuff?

• "The sounds I need more of is very hard to describe... they have to sound extremely deep without going over the top like all those "acid" sounds that are just too heavy for me. "

If its so hard to describe then why don't you just take the time and program some patches yourself? The Virus comes with a decent manual and several hundred patches to start with so why not be creative and do it on your own? I'd say that 80% of the patches have "dark" elements to them anyway. Only you can envision the sound you are looking for so why expect someone else will have already created it for you?

• [quote Zylfrax791] " If its so hard to describe then why don't you just take the time and program some patches yourself? The Virus comes with a decent manual and several hundred patches to start with so why not be creative and do it on your own? I'd say that 80% of the patches have "dark" elements to them anyway. Only you can envision the sound you are looking for so why expect someone else will have already created it for you?" [/quote]

for the same reason i expect guitar amplifier manufacturers to give me the electric amp tones i am looking for, because i am a guitar player, not an amplifier component modifier.

the same goes for piano players who do not build the pianos they play, and drummers who do not construct their own drums. For the exact same reason. I only modify existing sounds. I do not have the time for sound design. I only sometimes have time to make music. But i want right sound to start with.

That's why.

• for the same reason i expect guitar amplifier manufacturers to give me the electric amp tones i am looking for, because i am a guitar player, not an amplifier component modifier.

the same goes for piano players who do not build the pianos they play, and drummers who do not construct their own drums. For the exact same reason. I only modify existing sounds. I do not have the time for sound design. I only sometimes have time to make music. But i want right sound to start with.

That's why.

Well according to your logic they wouldn't put any knobs on the front of a guitar amplifier to tweak the parameters then would they? It would just have a volume knob and some presets. You remind me of this Ukrainian lady over at the Roland Clan that said that the V-Synth didn't come with the proper set of patches to do her music properly. My suggestion would be to sit down one afternoon and read the manual and then read the pdf documentation and then spend some time creating your own patches. If you yourself can't create the synth sound that you visualize on a Virus TI then it either can't be done or maybe you bought the wrong keyboard.

• Well according to your logic they wouldn't put any knobs on the front of a guitar amplifier to tweak the parameters then would they? It would just have a volume knob and some presets.

Your responding logic is bankrupt - because the front of a guitar amp just has knobs to alter and tone shape the already existing sound coming out of a guitar amp... like EQ of drive amount.... but the distortion waveform comes from the internal guts of the amplifier.

Zitat

You remind me of this Ukrainian lady over at the Roland Clan that said that the V-Synth didn't come with the proper set of patches to do her music properly. My suggestion would be to sit down one afternoon and read the manual and then read the pdf documentation and then spend some time creating your own patches. If you yourself can't create the synth sound that you visualize on a Virus TI then it either can't be done or maybe you bought the wrong keyboard.

Actually I already read the manual and know how to alter existing sounds, and i therefore I know how to work through the unit and the VC plug-in. So in other words, your point there is whey off the mark because it is also valid to read the manual for the purposes of altering existing sounds only. Again, pro guitar players do not set up waveform monitors and scopes - thats the job of the amplifier engineer or modifier - a process i have been exposed to.

Zitat

If you yourself can't create the synth sound that you visualize on a Virus TI then it either can't be done or maybe you bought the wrong keyboard.

With that you misrepresent the ability of the virus because - the existence of various patches (which do exist on the virus btw and can be tweaked) - is independent of my ability or lack of, to create them. So for your information, this is the right keyboard for me because I have found many of the right patches in the Virus - much more than any other keyboard or plug-in available on the market - and basically am just trying to push the company to take advantage of that lead since the virus already has the most of those sounds out of all. And I still have to go through the rest of the sounds. If I am satisfied, I might even try to enter the field of sound design myself - but I have no expectations to use any of my begginner sound creations in any of my music. Each department in my team has its focus.

• Well good to hear that Zap. Just 3 months ago you were looking for someone else to program "sounds from hell that are meant for a very cold and dark sounding project" with "demonic cult-like vibes to complement down-tuned electric guitars" and now it looks like you were able to take the existing patches and tweak them to fit into your project as I suggested you do in the first place. I'm glad you took my advice of reading the manual and tweaking the ROM patches to fit your needs as opposed to downloading someones elses patches. Needless to say, whats out there for sale is just more of the same Trance arps, pads and fx type patches anyway.

Also cool that you want to enter the field of sound design. Another cool synth to check out is an Alesis Andromeda A6 and the Roland V-Synth GT if you haven't already heard of them. Both of them are incredible synths for this endeavor.

• well i did download the elemental set and it had alot of great sounds too. i knew from day one this is the synth for me, and i will check out those other synths too, but once again, there is a difference I urge you to try to understand, and that is that in each instance i take an already existing sound and tweak it, i do not make my own from scratch .

and all i was saying is that i hoped a sound designer made a bank of only those types of sounds i described. perhaps i will, but it will only be existing ones modified and the request was to a sound designer for one bank of 128 fresh deadly patches since the TI has such an capabilities. and that was just a description of a sound btw, nothing more, nothing less.

• Best Coffee ? 2

1. Frapedaki (Ice Coffee) (1) 50%
    2. Dont Know/Dont Drink Coffee (1) 50%
    3. Nescafe (0) 0%
    4. Chocofreddo (0) 0%
    5. Capuchino (0) 0%
    6. Espresso Filter Coffee (0) 0%
    7. Colombika (0) 0%
    8. Decaf ???? (0) 0%

nothing like making your own sound man ! first time i turned on the virus ti , the demo track was playing out of sync , something with the asio buffer or pre-delay

so i go to an Init Patch , start with OSC1 make it a sawtooth add some resonance cuttoff some add a subosc go and add some phase and then start building OSC2 make it a detuned hypersaw start tweaking some filters the result was that in less than an hour i had 10 new projects saved in my folder all worth it because of this sound i made and liked and while playing it all these ideas just kept coming

im no sound engineer bro and if you ask me to reproduce this sound or that sound i cant - wish i could ! there are many reFX Nexus rompler presets that i would like to listen coming from a real synth to be able to tweak with

i mean someone made sample presets of the Virus Ti 2 for the Nexus so it must be easy for a sound engineer to reproduce the reFX Nexus factory soundbank for the Ti

anyway i found a Violin in the String section that sounds like the Classic Terminator Pad

as for the industrial techno drum effects of the movie im sure if you add a bit of reverbs and echoes and tweak around with cutoff/reso with the Ti Perc Sounbank you will get those dark cymbals that sound like someones forging a sword or steel like in Terminator 1 intro

hmm a good acoustic guitar or electric guitar preset for the Virus Ti havent found one yet . looked thru strings didnt see one - know of any ?

[Blockierte Grafik: http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp189/dapatoumba/008.gif][Blockierte Grafik: http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp189/dapatoumba/Fish.gif]
    [Blockierte Grafik: http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp189/dapatoumba/Deadexplorer.gif][Blockierte Grafik: http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp189/dapatoumba/084.gif]
    [Blockierte Grafik: http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp189/dapatoumba/Baby.gif]