2015, 10 Year Anniversary of the Virus TI.

• According to Vintagesynth.com, the Original Virus TI was released in 2005. A company with pride, would probably release something after 10 years. :thumbup:

The Virus TI is a great product! It's flexible, easy to use, sounds great and it is very powerfull! It's been almost 10 years now, and it still keeps up with it's qualities.

For me the access Virus have always been in the center of my studio. Thanks to the High Quality 5 octave Keyboard with aftertouch and room for a module or a computer keyboard on top of it. And of course it's 16 part multitimbrality. All this makes it the best choice for my studio.

I love to speculate on the future of synthesizers, it's part of my hobby. But what on earth is there to improve? ?(
    First of all there are a few things that needs to be adressed in order to make the TI3 the final polish of the TI series:

1. Solve the issues regarding the TI-concept.
    To me, Thunderbolt would be the obvious fix, The latency will not be an issue, and it can handle so much more data, that there would be room for even more features. Features probably like 16 digital stereo outputs (1 for each part) and with higher sound quality.
    USB should also be an option for people that do not have Thunderbolt on their computers yet.

2. New Synthesis types.
    We are now in the Dubstep age, and I would recommend an update on Frequency Modulation and Phase Modulation.
    I know FM and PM already exists on the Virus TI, but it needs to be expanded in a way that each Oscillator can turn in to a complete Algorithm with several Operators. Additive synthesis would also be welcomed as well as PCM/Multisample Synthesis.

3, iPad features.
    Using iPad for editing is bound to take place.

4. Online Sound librarian. Also with an improved search function that starts with Music Genre.
    Using the VC to browse patches that is stored Online would be an amazing innovation.
    Sharing your patches online with a single click.
    Create a Patch community, share, rate and download.

5. Drum Kit
    Each key representing a drum sound, each drum sound is an entire monophonic synth engine.
    Easy editing, just press a key and start programming.
    Step sequencing in the editor for each Drum sound.

I'm just gona finish off by saying. I will cross my fingers for a TI3 next year. There is so much potential here. No matter what I'll be waiting. :)

• According to Vintagesynth.com, the Original Virus TI was released in 2005. A company with pride, would probably release something after 10 years.

you're right and by this definition we are company which you can be proud of. we've released a gazillion of free feature updates in the last 8 years. everything from additional oscillators to filters to effects.
    i know a fair share of companies who would have released a new hardware and made the additional features only work on the new revision.
    best, marc

• The software updates have been great! I'm happy you have this philosophy, and you can be proud of that! I've downloaded every update in excitement!

But on the hardware side it's going the other direction, this is the kind of update I'm hoping for now. :).

• Zitat

you're right and by this definition we are company which you can be proud of. we've released a gazillion of free feature updates in the last 8 years. everything from additional oscillators to filters to effects.
    i know a fair share of companies who would have released a new hardware and made the additional features only work on the new revision.
    best, marc

This is undisputed and to my knowledge no other modern synth is still available today in its original concept plus add-ons over the years this concept has given birth to.
    The question to you Marc is, will you guys honor the 2015 anniversary by giving the Virus TI a final spectacular OS update adequate for this occasion ?

• you're right and by this definition we are company which you can be proud of. we've released a gazillion of free feature updates in the last 8 years. everything from additional oscillators to filters to effects.
    best, marc

I am sorry but what you are selling is a 10 year old DIGITAL synthesizer. Have you even looked around in terms of new synth capabilities? Serum, Spire, Z3ta2, Dune2, Massive (which is an old synth now) i could go on.. Should you not updated it it would look archaic by now and why would anyone buy it? It is unbelievable that I should feel privileged to have a 10 year old digital synthesizer that cost me 2500 euros, updated when the very essence of digital software is updates and which still does NOT hold a candle to the capabilities of 150 euro plugins like Serum and Z3ta2. Have you noticed how detached the Virus is when it comes to modern dance music acts? The only artists you are quoting those days are either dinosaur-era bands that grew up with the virus or a bunch of chart-nobodies. Even hans zimmer himself compared the sound quality of the virus to the z3ta which is an 100 dollar synth. Have you ever been to the forums of gearslutz or kvr or any other website with professionals that are fighting a losing battle with VC every day. I was one of them till your email support team gave up on me and asked me to return the synth. I had to scavenge a perfect usb cable and usb hub for the virus to work on without failing.

You need to give us new classic waveforms. Keep the classic virus ones if you so desire and if people like that aliased weak sounding mess, but gives a modern classic saw sound to work on modern beatport productions. Not all of us use the virus for its grain capabilities which are awesome but out of the scope of music production on mainstream genres. Right now I have a virus ti2 serving me as a 2500 euro midi controller because spire and massive are just better in terms of modulation options (performer to name one) and Serum is just insane when it comes to Wavetables and classic waveforms that sound modern, edgy, full and clean. Not gonna talk about nord lead 4. If you want to listen how a modern sound engine on a VA sounds like, just give it a spin.

In the end why on earth am I supposed to feel excited of a 10 year anniversary of a 2500 euro midi controller that was relevant a decade ago and has a bunch of people on its dev team that are completely out of touch with a modern reality in productions. And yes I ghost produce for a bunch of beatport top 10 hits. I know what I am talking about. Good luck spotting an artist on those charts with even a singe sound coming from a virus in a 150 track production. And before you start with trance charts, trance nowadays is as relevant to the mainstream as the classic waveforms in the virus..