2 years on please help

• Hey guys, so basically I bought the virus ti snow about 2 years ago and I was unable to get it to work. I was convinced it was my laptop, and I had posted here back then and tried a few times over and over without success. I know its hard to believe and you may ask me why I gave up. I really could not get it to work. I had all this amazing plugins and hardware and monitors and I was using ASIO4ALl through my laptop speakers LOL. Talk about waste of money. I also suffer from chronic pain which may have influenced me back then on giving up. Anyway I really want to get this working, I see no reason why it shouldn't. Back then I could not get my latency samples down to 512 without the sound being absolutely terrible (crackling etc). I finally bought a new laptop which cost me $3500 AU. I got a MSI GS70 6GB. I also have a scarlet 2i2. I just cant get it to work. 2 years back I had the issue with the latency, which I still do when I try to run instruments through ableton that come with it. I cant run it at 512 without it being distorted which makes me assume that I would have the same issue with the Virus ti snow once I get it work. This leads me onto the next point, every time I try run the virus ti snow after having installed everything, it says its not connected :(. It is connected and its still not working. To be honest the hard part is getting everything to work. I think making the music is the easy part!! (for me anyway). Anyway would greatly appreciate help.

Thanks guys.

• are you still using the scarlet as your soundcard.

have you tried another DAW?

have you tried just the virus only in your usb and nothing else.

what ver? of firmware are you using on your virus

• G'day mate,

I am indeed still using the scarlet soundcard. I have not tried another DAW to be honest. I have used Ableton in the past and paid an arm and leg for it back 2 years ago. I have tried plugging in the USB only.

The current firmware i am using is 5.0.8.00.

It recognises it when i have the virus control centre open. It says status "OK".

• The Virus TI is just a flawed product from the start (USB1.1, it should have been FireWire). I'm on my 4th year of a non-functioning TI KBD. It kind-of worked the first two years. Occasional clicks and pops on complex patches. Now it's just a warbling, clicking and buzzing out of tune mess. I cannot and not and don't feel like downgrading my OS to when it was actually somewhat functional. Everything after OS4 hasn't worked. I've just accepted that I bought a gorgeous piece of blinking metal for 2300 EUR. I continue to lurk here joping for a new OS/driver that just fixes everything. I wasted so much money on different PCI USB cards, believing that it's my config that was the problem.

• My TI 1 KB works quite well now so i'd say don't give up! I just wish i could get more of it from the 1 synth. 2 patches and it's maxed out.

My friends like Ableton so we tried getting it to work on that but gave up. I use Cubase. I've seen a few youtube videos on Ableton and the TI and they seem to have it running good.

• I had all kinds of problems the first days (reminds very much of the problems you all described above). I'm using win7 64bit. I dont have USB2. I couldnt find a local shop with a USB2-PCIE-board so I tried the USB3-board they had. Didnt work. BSOD directly after powering up the virus. What worked best was using a HUB to the USB3-card and only using the Virus+keyboard+mouse on the computers USB-hubs. Works pretty much flawless. The only time I run into problems is when there have been a power surge and I have to uninstall the software and reinstall it. Then the installation process does something the computer doesnt like. When it sets the virus to Update mode, I get a BSOD. Trying a few times takes me through the whole process and then it works like a charm again. (tried it with ableton 32bit and 64bit on this computer with the same result).