Virus TI as a modular system with total recall

• Thanks to the patchbay matrix i am getting intrigued by the idea to use the Virus TI as a self-contained modular system with the bonus of everything being recallable and controllers changing many parameters on the fly, as if you had 4 hands tweaking on a modular.

My question is, where in the signal flow are the distortion pedals and the character module located ? I assume after the vca.
    Would it be feasible to make them available right after the oscillators (before the filter) as an option ?

• thanks Marc. Right, no free placement of building blocks. In my experience even in a modular system though, most effective patches have a vco or an audio input module as the first building block, so it doesn't make much of a difference.
    My focus was on the dependencies within the modulation matrix and how "character" and the distortion pedals come into play. You pointed out that "character" works on the sum of the oscillators and the pedal distortions on the sum (of oscillators or on the master bus ?). Which raises the question if all the effects are in a serial signal flow or if each has its own send/return bus in parallel.
    Ultimately, wouldn't it be great to be able to decide where in the signal flow you want to place them, i believe so, that's what i meant with modular.