• Hi,

Any news on a new OS with new features?

I love my virus, never really get any problems (sorry to the people that do have problems). I would love to see some new features. When I first bought my Virus there were loads of updates and new features, we haven't had any for a while!

A compressor would be a good addition. Maybe in the 'filter bank' section, the freq could control ratio, resonance =threshold, poles & slope = attack and release...just a thought!

The 'speaker cabinet' was a great addition, more models & an amp section?

Another mid EQ would be great too!

Being able to use an envelope to modulate the filter bank freq would be awesome too.

Also to be able to change the slope curve in the envelopes would be great... :)

Aaron :D

• Also to be able to change the slope curve in the envelopes would be great...

You can change the attack curve from linear to parabolic by using the modulation matrix to feed the envelope back to the attack (there are a few old posts here that describe how to do that). No exponential attack though.

Being able to use an envelope to modulate the filter bank freq would be awesome too.

There is a limitation to the Virus design that prevents from the envelopes to control channel parameters. They can only control individual notes. It will take a while before this is fixed. LFOs on the other hand can do both and you can use them in ENV mode.

• They declare that they intend to, so I guess as long as people buy Viruses so that they have money to pay developers to work on upgrades... :) But seriously, the rate of the releases varies, and is influenced by workloads such as other Kemper products (e.g. their modelling amp). Right now I guess they are still busy with NAMM so if there was any short term major announcement we should have known about it by now, but that doesn't rule out minor fixes.