Virus TI Classic Oscillators

• Hi, Sorry for my poor English :(

I have discovered a issue with Virus TI sound. The issue is happening with the oscillator 2 in classic mode. I'm on the Init patch and I put the osc balance to oscillator 2. Then turn on Unison, Twin mode. I play a chord of 3-4 notes and it sounds like muddy or lowpass filtered. If I stop playing and I play 1 note it keeps on sounding bad but quickly gets back to sounding great, it does like a step on the sound. The issue disappears if If I change osc2 to Hypersaw or wavetable modes, it's just osc2 in classic mode. It happens with oscillator 1 too, but playing bigger chords.

I have tried installing different firmwares, from OS 4.1.3 to OS 5.1 and the issue is always happening. I have tried also using the Virus in every different way, with Virus Control and usb outputs, analog outputs, without Virus control and MIDI inputs…everything.

I contacted access support and they told me that it's a normal behavior of the Virus TI…I wonder if this issue happens with the Virus A-B-C models too, but I don't think so.

I appreciate any comment ;)

Thanks

• analog boost? its set to about 32% on init patch, so will boost low frequencies.

I find the --init-- patch has a couple of settings I find a bit 'odd' to be a default, analog boost(@32% and punch (@ 50%) in particular, i find odd for what should be blank slate,
    Ive now got my own init patch, which doesn't include these, and a few other oddities that are in the init patch.

• I find the --init-- patch has a couple of settings I find a bit 'odd' to be a default, analog boost(@32% and punch (@ 50%) in particular, i find odd for what should be blank slate,
    Ive now got my own init patch, which doesn't include these, and a few other oddities that are in the init patch.

the init patch is just a suggestion. it is designed as a starting point, i'd just tweak it and save my own version.
    marc

• I think this is a kind of extinction.
    In twin mode and detune and playing a chord it can happen, depending on what position of the wave the oscillator currently is and the sound is tarting you might create an extinction which cuts part of the high frequencies an makes it randomly muddy.
    You might could overcome this with using UNISON 3 mode. Then there is a 3rd wave and the chance of an extinction is smaller.

• Hey -nko-
    I understand your problem, I has exact the same question (WTF with this muddy oscs on sustain stage?) few years ago. Unfortunately you are not the first (and not the last lol) who asks this.
    The problem is Virus has only one full oscillator and it is the 1st one. And the other OSCs eats voices polyphony. And the "lowpass" you hear is a lack of voices when it accumulates in synth memory. When the voices releases than you hears this TOP END return. Guys from Access Virus team will never fix this because it is a congenital disease. It is not solved. I sold this shit few years ago and now I use Spire and Waldorf Largo.