no power up after electricity interruptions

• Dear friends , dear virus TI users , dear Marc

i need your advise here
    after a storm and many electricity interruptions , my polar does not power up :/
    could you please tell me what actions should be done ?
    before send it to official access service is there anything i can do or try power up my polar

thank you very much
    best regards
    :thumbup:

• Most probably the storm killed the Virus power supply. If the warranty has already expired and you are not afraid of opening your polar up, you can replace it with another one with the same spec (voltage, current, regulated) and similar shape so it will fit the housing (maybe with the help of some padding) at the other side of where the cable plugs in. Test it by unplugging it from the main board, connect the power cable and measure the output voltage at the plug.
    If its OK, the next suspects are the capacitors and replacing those is more challenging.

Hope this helps.

• Hello boys

i sent the unit in Germany
    service found two problems on it
    as they said:
    "They are 2 different problem on this unit.
    The first is a defective power supply and the other one is a problem on the main board´s internal
    voltage circuit."

so be careful guys with storms and electricity interruptions !!!!

greetings

• Most probably the storm killed the Virus power supply. If the warranty has already expired and you are not afraid of opening your polar up, you can replace it with another one with the same spec (voltage, current, regulated) and similar shape so it will fit the housing (maybe with the help of some padding) at the other side of where the cable plugs in. Test it by unplugging it from the main board, connect the power cable and measure the output voltage at the plug.
    If its OK, the next suspects are the capacitors and replacing those is more challenging.

Hope this helps.

Hi Bob - very informative post, thank you. I am experiencing a similar power up issue on my TI, and am wondering if you have any idea as to what the spec of the internal power supply of the TI is please? I am thinking it would be considerably cheaper to purchase and install a good quality regulated power supply than the repair and shipping costs to and from Germany would be. Hope you see this and can help. Many thanks.

Mac OSX Yosemite