Hallo from Lausanne

• Hi to everyone that caught the Virus :) !

As you can guess I just bought my Virus last week and I'm really exited about it, I can finally work on my prods with it, replace my Nexus and others vsts with this hardware synth and its great power !

Next to my virus I don't have any other hardware synth here you find a list of the stuff :

Old Macbook Pro 17'' 4GBram running on Yosemite
    Soundcard : Motu Hybride
    Ableton Live 8 (soon upgrade to 9)
    Push
    Roland VT Voice
    Axiom 49
    Machine Drum SSD
    And a lot of plug-ins :)

Bref, I'm really greatful with acces and their software with this totalintegration but I still have some littles problemes to fix before reaching the 100% satisfaction :

- Everytime I charge a Patch or Preset on the Integration Software it works good until I press "Stop or Pause" and then "Play" again. At this point the Plugin always charge a basic synth in the bank... so I can't put pause if I want to keep my modified patch running.. Do you know some solutions for this ?

- I do have some latency and desyncronisation coming from what ? For ex : when I play arpeggios ...

- It also, sometimes start to make some white noise from nowhere ? Digital source seems to crash ?

- Ableton crashes sometimes when I open the Vst while it's running...

If not the multitimbral works good, without thoses patch erasing problemes and interruptions...

Greetings to everyone and thanks for some answers to thoses littles imperfections

• Welcome welcome welcome!

Good to see another perosn has gotten infekted. <3

I used to have similar issues on FL Studio back when it was Version 9, Like you, I am also a MOTU I/O user and have it as my master I/o Card. However my current version of FL Studio does not have issues switching projects with a virus on it anymore. (We lost the abiility to use anything other than primary outputs. Worth it.)

Latency issues often come from not running your device in reall time or near real time, which is a hard act to follow without some tinkering, What will give a better round trip time is to not use the virus as a I/o (Dont enable this) and in the virus control you will need to route your outputs to go to analog (which you can connect nice clean and short TRS cables to) that MOTU, and voila you can not only run a higher recorded bit of data, but also use USB to control it VIA MIDI and not run sound also (it will free up a little memory also).
    A few extra tips:

And if you're having USB issues with the virus or other devices connected to it, Nab a MTT (Multiple Transaction Translator) and not only will you ahve more USB ports to plug into but also elliminate the infamouse "not USB2 or better" Issues that often burn virus users out.

Currently all Access Virus models with USB are USB1.1, which may have nice speeds, but its really fickle when ran with anything else.

Multitimbral is great if you're running a series of simple patches, as its not just voice count you'vve got to watch out for but also how bogged down your virus is.

I should make a info graphic of some kind with these tips and more... Take care, hope my info helps. :D