Virus TI2 Constant Sync Problems in Logic pro X 10.1.1

• it seems like the whole total integration software is worthless, sometimes it did work with my setup but now the last few months the virus doesn't sync at all!!!
    I always get message in the software --> A SYNC ERROR OCURED. PRESS STOP AND PLAY TO CLEAR!
    But it doesn't help :/

The Ti2 is on a Solo USB BUS (Full bandwidth and speed)
    I'm working on Logic Pro X 10.1.1 on Yosemite 10.10.2
    I hope this can be solved, because the Virus is still my favourite synth I own the A & B also!!!

Maarten de Jong

• hi Maarten,

so you're on the same system as me, i use a saffire 56 for my audio card thought.

What version of the Ti software are you using as i had to use the beta 5.1.1 version to get it to all talk nicely to each other.

Are you using the virus as a audio card?

What DAW are you using?

• i know this is a daft question but have you tried reinstalling the software?

a few things to try

unplug usb cable until Yosemite is loaded then plug it in and try that.
    download a demo of studio one or ableton and see if that works ok with it.
    try a different usb hub it might be a problem with that hub.

• I had similar issues in both Logic X and Live 9 with my new Mac. The beta sure did help and make it useable if with some considerable latency when playing the keyboard but it still wasn't perfect and would require regular reboots of the synth.

I got the Thunderbolt to USB adapter and have to say it's been absolutely perfect so far, and no latency.

The internal ports on most modern Macs aren't that great, where is the physical port located and what computer do you have, and there's absolutely nothing sharing that root hub?

• Tried Everything even a complete system reinstall! but still have the Problem!! it even got worse, these lateny problems aren't funny anymore!!!

I really think this should be solved, loads of people are complaining about the integration software and especially about the Sync/Latency Stuff!!.. I'm using my ti via normal audio input but it slows down my workflow a lot, because i need to patch everything in and out because of my other outboard gear!

Com'on access music we live in 2015!! solve this problem and there will a lot of happy TI users on the planet :)

• I always get message in the software --> A SYNC ERROR OCURED. PRESS STOP AND PLAY TO CLEAR!
    But it doesn't help

The Ti2 is on a Solo USB BUS (Full bandwidth and speed)
    I'm working on Logic Pro X 10.1.1 on Yosemite 10.10.2

are you using a MTT hub - if not, you really should. there is no such thing as a solo port on modern macs. those ports are always shared and you need to use a hub. the error indicates that USB packages are getting lost or delayed.
    marc

• I did all of this, got a Belkin hub, nothing else on this hub and now it says midi error..
    reinstalled the virus software and now it doesn't show up at all it just hangs on the starting screen of the control software :(

• I did all of this, got a Belkin hub, nothing else on this hub and now it says midi error..
    reinstalled the virus software and now it doesn't show up at all it just hangs on the starting screen of the control software

what do you mean by "hangs"? if virus control cannot start up, it might take a while but it will finally show some sort of error message, for instance that the MIDI driver failed.
    best, marc

• Hello,

Marc, what do you mean by "HTT Hub" ? I tried a research but found nothing.

I have the same problem than Marteen. Full-integration Virus doesn't works with any of the DAW software I use (Cubase 8, Live 9 and Logic 10), and with any of my computers (iMac 27' end 2012 on Mavericks and Macbook Pro 13 end 2013 on Yosemite). There is no sound coming out, the BPM light is blinking very fast and the Virus's software constantly says "A sync error occurred…".

The only way to make it work was to plug it alone in a Belkin Thunderbolt hub. But I tried the same thing with a USB D-Link H-7 hub, and with this one the Virus doesn't seems connected to my computer.

• Marc, what do you mean by "HTT Hub" ? I tried a research but found nothing.

I have the same problem than Marteen. Full-integration Virus doesn't works with any of the DAW software I use (Cubase 8, Live 9 and Logic 10), and with any of my computers (iMac 27' end 2012 on Mavericks and Macbook Pro 13 end 2013 on Yosemite). There is no sound coming out, the BPM light is blinking very fast and the Virus's software constantly says "A sync error occurred…".

The only way to make it work was to plug it alone in a Belkin Thunderbolt hub. But I tried the same thing with a USB D-Link H-7 hub, and with this one the Virus doesn't seems connected to my computer.

"MTT" ("multiple transaction translators") not "HTT".
    i have a MacPro 2013 with 10.10.2 here and it works. please contact support by email, they'll help you to troubleshoot your issue.
    best, marc

• Hey Maartin did you solve your problem?.. I've had the exact same problem.. Well.. i didn't use the ti2 for a few weeks.. and i was thinking id use some sounds.. and i had the same problem you described. First the ti2 had noises and pops.. then i changed sound and it did do anything.. the BPM light was blinking.. weird symbols on the backlighted screen. i tried everything.. 3 different hubs.. extension cords different ports you name it I did it!.. So I tried using the virus in manual mode using midi cables and audio input and so on. How much did that suck??.. I was ok with the problem and faced the fact that the USB mode SUCKS and was going to record everything manual like i do on my other synts Nordlead 2, A1r and so on.. But when i recorder the ti2 sounds i realised that the recorded audio was slightly delayed!.. Im not gonna zoom in on every audio i record and "cut" of the silence and move the recorded audio to its place,,, My OLD nordlead and all other synths i have is EXACTLY on beat when i record these sounds.. some might say: just add "recording delay" in logic and ur set!.. but that means all my other synths will be recorded before the first bar! So it seems nothing is A ok with this ti2... But i just came home from my local supermarket and bought a NEW USB cable to the virus.. NOW it works.. for how long? Time will tell... If you haven't tried this it might be the cheapest option.. go buy a new USB cable and try it.

/Phillip J

• Hello Maarten

Very curious, have you ever been able to solve this issue? Having the synth for few years now, I keep on facing these same sync issues. Extremely frustrating and Access Support not able to help neither.

Despite of the good sound, it never worked correctly, making this worthless studio synth.

• For me the problem was with a dodgy ethernet cable , it would somehow cause a crackle within my soundcard - every odd minuet , in return it would bug the virus.... since getting a new ethernet cable my problems were solved... although it took along time to figure this out

Sometimes it can be something else outside of the virus that causes the issue I guess is my point here....