Need help on suggested setup / MIDI Controller issues with FL Studio

• Hey all so I've been reading more about the Virus TI2 & FL Studio 11. The general consensus seems to be that FL Studio and the Virus don't mix well? I want to be able to use my Virus at it's full performance. Currently, I am using it as my ASIO Soundcard with a USB input. I'm not having too much latency issues (yet).

After reading the manual I saw this, "In general, we recommend you avoid using a USB hub between your computer and the Virus." - I don't really understand what they are asking. How am I supposed to get total integration if I don't connect via USB ? What is the MIDI in / MIDI out for?

Also, I use a Novation Launchkey Mini with my setup. Usually I use it get some inspiration / easy access midi but when I plugged the virus TI in the MIDI no longer works. My DAW isn't even registering any movement. I still see the Launchkey Mini in the audio settings. The MIDI is not connected to my Virus but I assumed I could just use it to control the Keyboard in FL Studio. The MIDI will not work with other VSTs either.