New software update to support OS 64bit! (closed)

• The worst part is that Access not keep their consumers happy by telling them at least what stage they are on development.

People complain about T.C. Eletronic but compared to what i experience here with Access the consumers from T.C. should be happy with the exellent service they provided from the start of development to the release of the 64bit supported softwarepackages wich i was betatester of.

Hope these topics give them the idea they have to be transparant to their consumers.

You should follow the forum posts more carefully.

-timo

• I am waiting for Win 64bit support too... when I look at this thread I'd say access will be doomed it they can not manage 64bit support and I am sure they are working on that.

From my own experience - I had to set up a dual boot system only to make my TI work because it's my audio interface... I'd really prefer to use my TI with 64bit Vista. Next year more and more machines will come with Win 7... and TI does still not work in Vista 64 bit...

I am patient and willing to wait but don't let the wait be too long... :rolleyes:

• You've been able to do that in other DAWs for a while now. People are more asking for 64 DRIVERS than a 64 bit plugin. Without the 64 bit drivers a 64 bit version of the plugin would be completely useless anyways, just as useless as runing the 32 bit version of the plugin via a bridge like that. Your computer still needs working 64 bit drivers for the plugin to be able to see and recognize the virus at all.

I'd be more than happy with just getting 64 bit drivers and having a native 64bit plugin come later.

• well, but isn´t the installer the real problem?

what if access releases VC and the Driver separately?

Release VC and Driver (and possibly firmware) separately will make this forum explode with support requests of users. No way :)

Also, VC and driver must match, since we are permantently adding features to the Virus TI Software Suite.
    64bit on Windows including the possibility of running an 32 or 64 bit host, together with the plugin bridging to a 32bit plugin and the bridging to the 64 bit driver itself do make things actually a bit complicated, far more than a usual plugin.

But I can say, that 64bit is coming.

-timo

• Why do people insist in using 64-bit Windows until ALL of their equipment has compatible drivers and plugins? No mixing of 32 and 64 components, just wait until it is all ready.

I think the problem is that many people are experiencing the situation that the Virus is the only thing not 64-bit yet... But then aside from PowerCore, i'd wager that they haven't really got much else that is as challenging to make 64-bit as the Virus - Remember that nobody else is truly offering total integration like the virus offers, so maybe nobody else has as big a challenge.

Timo's comment is very encouraging though, so I can but wait with baited breath...

• I run Windows 64bit but I am using Cubase 5 32bit. Obviously I cant install the drivers for the Virus even into the x86 directory because I cant even get to that point to choose.

Its really starting to annoy me because I spent £1200 on my TI and now I dont use it. I really am tempted now to sell it because, even though 64bit drivers and VC are on their way, im not sure how long im prepared to wait.
    I dont want to sell my TI, I really want to use it. But its a lot of money spent just to be sitting there, taunting me, when I might as well use that money to buy another synth.
    £1200 pound is alot of money to me, and at the moment I just feel like Ive wasted my hard earned on something which I really thought would work on Windows 64bit much sooner :(

Truly gutted

• I run Windows 64bit but I am using Cubase 5 32bit. Obviously I cant install the drivers for the Virus even into the x86 directory because I cant even get to that point to choose.

Its really starting to annoy me because I spent £1200 on my TI and now I dont use it. I really am tempted now to sell it because, even though 64bit drivers and VC are on their way, im not sure how long im prepared to wait.
    I dont want to sell my TI, I really want to use it. But its a lot of money spent just to be sitting there, taunting me, when I might as well use that money to buy another synth.
    £1200 pound is alot of money to me, and at the moment I just feel like Ive wasted my hard earned on something which I really thought would work on Windows 64bit much sooner :(

Truly gutted

Patience, man - it WILL be worth the wait

• we believed to have something for you last week and ran into some problems while alpha testing the version. right now we're testing against again and the problems found are fixed. you need to take into account, that with software development, it is difficult to predict a launch date. that's why, i'm notoriously careful announcing one - i simply don't want to raise expectations beyond what seems save to us. fingers crossed that we don't find anything that would hold a public beta back and you should see a download in much less than months ;)

best, marc

• Thanks Mark. Only one question now. Will this x64 beta support upcoming Windows 7? I've just installed it's RTM and this OS is simply amazing!