New software update to support OS 64bit! (closed)

• Dear Access,

Like i told already in an email i send about supporting OS64bit to make these synths futureproof i say it here again!

Lots and lots of costumers are waiting for 64bit support to arive and i think it's time to start releasing at least a driver so 32bit plugs can be used on 64bit OS.

Just like most synths and software plugs that are actualy 32bit can be used in 64bit OS as there is a special 32bit area to and in most hosts like Cubase 5 that comes with a 32bit to 64bit bridge.

The only thing you guys have to do is to make an installer that works for the 64bit OS, nothing more :!:

http://www.myspace.com/monoproductionstm

DAW: Cubase 5

MB: Asus Rampage Extreme
    RAM: 4x 2GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
    CPU: Intel core 2 quad @ 3.0 GHz
    GPU: ATI EAH 4890 1GB
    Sound: t.c. eletronic Konnekt 8
    Monitoring: 2x KRK rp6 g2 + 1x KRK rp10s
    DSP: UAD, t.c. eletronic Powercore 6000 including virus powercore
    USB: Virus Ti Polar
    FW: Korg m3

• +2

Virus TI Keyboard, Ableton Live 8.04 and APC40, Windows XP 32 (vista 64 on my laptop), waves, psp's, magix, sonnox, GT Condenser Mic, EMU 1616m pci soundcard, Event Monitors, Core i7 3.3,6 gigs ram, two velociraptors in a raid 0, two 1tb's in raid 1.

• We've been patient, very patient, it's about time. 64 Bit drivers please, please, pretty please... I've logged several calls with access support over the last 2 years and each time I get the same response, it's too hard/no plans to do this. I really don't understand. Any chance of providing some more detail as to why it's so hard.

I have a decent computer, 8Gb RAM, quad core 3Ghz, 64Bit windows, every other company has provided either a true 64 bit version of software/drivers or a version that works on a 64Bit OS. Sequencer, audio editor, other audio hardware, controllers, etc. Jees even my joystick and webcam have 64bit drivers! OK so audio/midi is slightly different but come on it's not that hard. I reakon a few days programing to get something very basic working.

Having to dual boot or use a separate 32bit computer is ridiculous. Having more than 3Gb of memory in a studio computer is beneficial don't you think?? Have you looked in the computer press recently or tried to buy a powerful computer to run a studio? The majority of decent computers come with 64Bit OS's pre-installed, thats A LOT OF POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS you are totally missing.

Yes we absolutely love all the free s/w updates and additional features you keep adding to VC and that is very much appreciated but it's all kind of pointless if we have SO much hassle trying to integrate the virus with other stuff, remind me, what does Ti stand for again?????

• Yup this would be great im going to make the jump to snow leopard as soon as it ships would be good to use the virus with it....

• I'm not sure what else I can add that has not already been said about the 64 bit issue but here are the main arguments for me:

- regardless of the memory advantages, 64 bit OS is now THE standard (most new computers come with 64 bit OS as standard)
    - those of us with 64 bit machines CANNOT use Virus Control !!!
    - all that is needed to solve this issue is to make the DRIVER available, that's all !
    - at this time, a 64 bit VC is not critical, all we need is the 64 bit DRIVER !!! Then we can actually use the VC software.

Most of us cannot understand the reluctance of Access to provide the 64 bit driver. Maybe it's because:

- they don't want to release the 64 bit drivers without the 64 bit VC ? (likely but reason is unclear)
    - they don't really think 64 bit is important ? (unlikely)
    - It is too difficult to program the 64 bit driver? (maybe but unlikely)
    - marketing reason ? (can't think of any logical reason)
    - 64 bit is a low priority, get the Virus stable first? (likely)
    - ...what else?

Access, please provide the 64 bit driver so we can use VC. We don't need the 64 bit VC at this point.

Araz

• For so long I've been due a new build. Access holding back on the 64 bit was always my excuse to put it off. Especialy been that if they never I wouldn't bother. Hopefuly by then a newer new cubase will be out so I will skip a release, saving a fortune.

What I want to know is what improvements would i feel running in 64 bit, virus compatable and cubase too.

I think though that some want this 64 bit so bad they would pay, happily pay.

• we are working on two things right now: Mac OSX 10.6 support and 64 bit support for windows.

best, marc

Huzzah!

The other day I experimentally installed Windows 7 x64 and the Virus worked as a generic audio device with the built in Windows drivers...!

... and then stopped working the moment I decided to see what happens if I installed Virus Control. :S

• Dear Access

TI is for sure an amazing synth no other words for that !
    as every day I check your website for the moment to come .... THE MOMENT WE HAVE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR !!!!!
    64 BIT SUPPORT .

please save us from this annoying situation .

thanks

uriel
    :huh: