FAO MARC: Virus TI Polar & Macbook Pro i7 (late 2013)

• Hi all

I am interesting in buying a new Virus Ti. I owned one a few years ago but due to unforeseen circumstances I had to sell it.
    At the time I had an Imac Late 2009 i7 and I had various issues with USB Sync due to the iMac sharing an internal USB hub.
    I now own a Macbook Pro i7 retina (late 2013) which has 2 USB3 ports. One on the left and one on the right.
    I assume due to the positioning of the USB slots that they are both on their own Hub.
    Does anyone know if the Virus will work properly with my Macbook and if so what steps I might need to take.
    I am running the latest version of Yosemite and use Ableton 9 x64 and Logic X for my DAWS.

Any help would be appreciated.

Chris

• Hi Marc

Thank you for replying. There is 2 USB3 ports. One on each side of my MBP. So im guessing they should be on their own hubs. Fingers crossed they are!
    I hated the issues I had with my iMac due to USB hubs. I had to sell my Virus in the end, but I really miss it.

This will aid my decision if its compatible with my MBP and Yosemite.

Chris

• hi,

i didn't have time to conduct a extensive test but so far, it looks really good. both ports work (on is a USB3 super speed port, the other one is a USB3 high speed port). i didn't use a hub for this preliminary test. running the tutorial song in logic and everything appears to be fine.

Mac Book Pro 13" Retina early 2015 / 16GB RAM / 3.1ghz i7 / 10.10.3 / TIOS 5.1.3.0 / Logic Pro 10.1.1

best, marc