Squeaky key in brand new Virus TI Polar

• Hello everyone, it's nice to be here!

I just received my new Virus TI Polar and I have a problem with a key on my keyboard. Whenever I press it it produces a incredibly annoying and loud high-pitched noise like squeaking.
    I've seen another post of a user that had the exact problem like I do but it's from 2011 and he never said whether he solved it or not (or if the noise went away after using it eventually).
    I am pretty sure it's not going to be a huge issue but I am hoping it will go away because it is so loud it really fools you into believing that it is part of the sound.
    I have already emailed Access Support but while I am waiting for their reply I thought I'd post here as maybe someone has a practical solution for this.

Thanks so much!

• I am pretty sure it's not going to be a huge issue but I am hoping it will go away because it is so loud it really fools you into believing that it is part of the sound.
    I have already emailed Access Support but while I am waiting for their reply I thought I'd post here as maybe someone has a practical solution for this.

you would probably be able to get rid of the squeaking but that would involve opening up the Virus and taking the key bed out. that's nothing you should do with a (new?) unit. support will take care of your issue for sure.
    marc

• you would probably be able to get rid of the squeaking but that would involve opening up the Virus and taking the key bed out. that's nothing you should do with a (new?) unit. support will take care of your issue for sure.marc

Hi Marc, Thanks for the reply.I have already sent back one Polar (totally different problem). I was kind of hoping that this problem would fade away and it might be because the keyboard is brand new. I would really like to avoid sending this unit back again and wait for the new one to arrive. Do you think that this squeaking problem is here to stay? Only asking because I bet you've seen way more TI Polars than I do :)

• Hi Marc, Thanks for the reply.I have already sent back one Polar (totally different problem). I was kind of hoping that this problem would fade away and it might be because the keyboard is brand new. I would really like to avoid sending this unit back again and wait for the new one to arrive. Do you think that this squeaking problem is here to stay? Only asking because I bet you've seen way more TI Polars than I do

i can't tell, i haven't had a squeaking keyboard so far. but: we don't want you to compromise, so an exchange would be best.
    best, marc