Why is the virus Keyboard set to 'local off' as default? Plus a whinge at VC.

• Can I change this? After 4 years of fighting with Virus control through various computer setups I have grown to hate its slow, buggy operation i - yet it is quite handy using the USB connection as a standard midi port (Virus synth port). Unfortunately the keyboard always resets to 'local off' when you plug in the USB - which is weird because that makes me think that i shouldnt actually be playing the keys on the Ti itself...and it is annoying having to change this setting again and again.

In addition I have notice that I get better latency playing a different keyboard to the ti when in VC. Stupid really, but Virus control has always been flawed and slow (sorry I have lots of pent up agression against the Ti. Great sound+machine - shitty plugin)

Thanks
    r.

• Local Off is being set automatically when a sequencer opens the MIDI ports. This is useful since you need to think of a Virus TI Keyboard/Polar as 2 devices, when connected to USB.

1) the sound engine
    2) a MIDI keyboard

the MIDI keyboard will send the events to the sequencer where you are routing them to the synths you are using. In case local would be on, you would always hear 2 synths which is not the thing you want.

-timo

• I also put in a request ages ago for this as well as VC just doesn't work smoothly for me either (for years now!). I want to use the TI as a midi keyboard controller via usb and just play the TI's audio live via analog outputs. This seemed like a very odd request and it took a few emails explaining it, but in the end it was a big "no".

• I also put in a request ages ago for this as well as VC just doesn't work smoothly for me either (for years now!). I want to use the TI as a midi keyboard controller via usb and just play the TI's audio live via analog outputs. This seemed like a very odd request and it took a few emails explaining it, but in the end it was a big "no".

When using USB, local off is automatically set to prevent set errors. When you are using USB, you are using a sequencer, in this case, you should use the sequencer to route ALL of your MIDI. This does not prevent you from using the analog outs (even with VC). In this case, you can use splits and everything your sequencer allows you to bend MIDI.

Your request is odd in a way that it is not the 99% setup and personally, I think it is not a proper setup and possibly error prone.

-timo