Would you pay for Updates?

• We are already receiving updates for free so why ask this question?

I think I paid a lot of money for my Virus TI2 Desktop so I don't think it is unreasonable to expect free updates. I see it as good customer service and I appreciate it.

• I have the Ti since he was out and if i have to pay for every update pffffff
    I can say that when i bought he was far away from working well
    So yes the make a real good job but with the price of the machine paying paying paying don't you think it's a good thing
    I started withe the 1.0 firmware and since now he never work like a sharme
    lost syncro buzzzzing sound restart reset reinstall
    Don't missunderstanding i loooooveee my Ti but never had a stable system
    and pay for update with a synth that cost a lot wouldn't be appropriated
    Have a nice day

• We are already receiving updates for free so why ask this question?

I think I paid a lot of money for my Virus TI2 Desktop so I don't think it is unreasonable to expect free updates. I see it as good customer service and I appreciate it.

why ask this question?
    I would like to ask you how many hardware synths you own that after 5 years are still developing updates and upgrades and not just bug fixes for your synth.
    I 'm one of the first batch Virus Ti owners in the US when they came out, and after all these years I not only get problems fixed, but also major feature updates for free.
    These days were software synths and Daws rule, you know that for every major version of them you have to pay an upgrade fee, and I have heard so much about software developers abandoning products because they just couldnt finance maintaining its development and move on to something new. Access hasnt done that and I believe that even donation would be appropriate for their hard work.

• Its funny - its hard to convince a lot of people. But i think the TI was much better value for money than something like a microKORG. Mainly because something like the virus 'ups your game' in terms of the quality you can achieve, but also the updates and flexibility of it's architecture to accomodate them.

You can easily make the microKORG glitch/alias out as soon as you get vaguely interesting with the ring modulation while the virus - with its ever changing architecture it is quite difficult (though possible) to do.

Besides that, even if you calculate price/voices it still whoops ass.