Overhub - could be a great MTT USB hub for Vius

• Shure it's aimed to the same purpose, Overbridge is Electron's equivalent to Access' TI, more or less. So there are more chances with this device than with other hubs.
    Time and trial will tell. Let's hope Access will try it for us ^^

-Windows 10 Pro 64bit DAW (Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero + i9-9900)

-Steinberg Cubase 10 + Steinberg CC121 Controller
    -Steinberg MR816 CSX + Behringer ADA8200
    -iConnectivity MIO10
    -Virus TI2 P0lar
    -Waldorf Pulse (1)
    -Waldorf Blofeld

-Yamaha AN1x
    -Yamaha Reface DX
    -Clavia Nord Modular G1 Expanded

-Moog Minitaur
    -Maschine MK3

-Elektron Octatrack MKII

-Adam A7X
    https://soundcloud.com/daksha

• Thought I'd mention to people that might be interested...

I just got an Elektron Overhub because i'm running a few things off my MacBook Pro 2.3Ghz 15 Retina i7 (11,3).

Sad to report that having nothing plugged in to any USB ports, except for the Overhub and Virus TI2 Polar into the Overhub doesn't work. It states 'MIDI driver failed - The MIDI driver failed to start or is not installed. This can happen if you have connected too many USB devices. Also try to install the Virus TI Software again.'

I tried this both with the included Elektron USB3 cable and a USB2 mini cable to see if that made any difference, it didn't. As well as obviously doing the full reboot of the Virus, DAW and computer in between to be absolutely certain.

However the Overhub works great with an Apogee Duet 2, MOTU XT, ilok, Analog 4 and Minitaur all plugged in together. And then having the Virus in the second dedicate port of the MBP.

Really love the Virus TI but it's still going to be that titchy moody synth with this stuff :D

• I should probably add as well... this could also be a 'limitation' of the internal routings of the USB buss of the MacBook Pro?

But I find that hard to swallow if i'm running things that take up a lot more bandwidth on the same device just fine.

Yeah I know there is a continual feed on this subject lol, but just thought i'd post my findings with the Overdub :)

• I have an usb3 internal pci card in my computer and it's there for the overhub.
    I attached all my "musical devices" to it to free computer's usb ports: Maschine works, Motu Microlite works, Steinberg E-Licenser works, same for an usb3 disk for fast and immediate backup pourposes, only the Steinberg CC121 doesn't work (all lights keep flashing).
    When my Virus will be back from Germany for repair, I'll post here the results.

-iConnectivity MIO10
    -Virus TI2 P0lar
    -Waldorf Pulse (1)
    -Waldorf Blofeld

-Yamaha AN1x
    -Yamaha Reface DX

-Moog Minitaur
    -Maschine MK3

-Elektron Octatrack MKII

-Adam A7X

• Yeah, shure! I'm still waiting for the Virus to be repaired, as it will be back you'll know from me.
    Anyway, even without Virus, I had some occasional drops in audio when I had all of my devices attached to the mainboard usbs, eve if my soundcard is Firewire.
    Now that most music related devices are on Overhub, dropouts are totally gone.
    I've no idea how the Virus will behave on Overhub, but anyway, Virus or not, for those making music I suggest getting the hub...at least on my experience.
    Even if the Virus won't work on Overhub and will have to be connected somewhere else, you'll have more free ports and more chances to find the right combo for it to work.
    Also with modern laptops (1 or 2 usb3 ports only) Overhub will give you what you miss...so...long story short: a tool to have around in the studio.

-iConnectivity MIO10
    -Virus TI2 P0lar
    -Waldorf Pulse (1)
    -Waldorf Blofeld

-Yamaha AN1x
    -Yamaha Reface DX

-Moog Minitaur
    -Maschine MK3

-Elektron Octatrack MKII

-Adam A7X

• Ok, my Virus is back from repair, working well on my old config, I switched to the Overhub by simply adding the Virus to the first port of the hub...so there is a Virus, an e-licencer for cubase, Maschine mikro, a motu Microlite multiport for midi connected to it,
    My soundcard is a Firewire Motu Ultralite MK3, Virus OS 5.1.1 (the latest for us Win users)
    Zero problems by now on Win8.1 64bits...but I used it for an hour...so...time and intensive use will tell...I'll keep you updated :)
    Edit: I forgot to tell you that my Overhub is connected to an internal PCI->USB3.1 Asus card.
    This one: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/i…/61t8zLOo-OL._SL1200_.jpg
    It needs an adapter cable.

-iConnectivity MIO10
    -Virus TI2 P0lar
    -Waldorf Pulse (1)
    -Waldorf Blofeld

-Yamaha AN1x
    -Yamaha Reface DX

-Moog Minitaur
    -Maschine MK3

-Elektron Octatrack MKII

-Adam A7X

• Ok, my Virus is back from repair, working well on my old config, I switched to the Overhub by simply adding the Virus to the first port of the hub...so there is a Virus, an e-licencer for cubase, Maschine mikro, a motu Microlite multiport for midi…

Seems like good news - please keep us posted with an update.

• Mhhhh...ok...some stuck notes occurs on Overhub...
    I connected the Virus back to its good old port and stuck notes are gone...
    ...just to report...

-iConnectivity MIO10
    -Virus TI2 P0lar
    -Waldorf Pulse (1)
    -Waldorf Blofeld

-Yamaha AN1x
    -Yamaha Reface DX

-Moog Minitaur
    -Maschine MK3

-Elektron Octatrack MKII